Did you mean: 
Need help?

Very Slow Speeds

ANSWERED
32 REPLIES
Highlighted
neilzomg
Team Player

Currently on the fastest fibre package talktalk offer, when i upgraded i got around 70 megs download speed, im now getting around 30.

Now my upload speed has not been effected, im still getting around 18-19 megs upload.

I've been on the phone having tests done, saying theres nothing wrong and that its probably my fault... but i've done nothing to the line inside nothing has changed. I do use the router on an extension, but i've tried plugging it in directly to the master socket and also using the test socket same results.

I have noticed that my line has been changed from fastpath to interleved for some reason which also adds to the higher latency in games also,

Please help :(

speed.pngtalktalk.png

KeithFrench
Community Star

The sync speed of your router is clearly way too low for fibre large. I will escalate this now for you to one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and they will investigate it for you.

The forum is not real time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use on-line chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TT will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

neilzomg
Team Player

Was chatting to one of the support team this morning who actually started escalating it, ran tests and said its something to do within my home which i find hard to believe as nothing has been touched in the two years i've lived in this house.

its currently in the test socket, still same speeds so i don't think its anything to do with internal wiriring. But i've been told to keep it in this socket for 72 hours and i'm awaiting a manager phone call. 

To be honest speeds started to get a bit slower when the flat above my house got talktalk internet unless something at the cabinets or wiring were messed with

Community Team

Hi neilzomg,

Your sync speed is currently 46.1Mbps which is below the bottom of the predicted range for your line, I can see that you have an open fault ticket - are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service such as noise on the line?

Chris

neilzomg
Team Player

Nope no noise on the phone line at all, so heres the update after being on test socket for 3 days-

Been using the test socket with the talktlak hg633 no change in speed, so i put back on the Asus DSL-AC55U which i bought to replace the router which is also in the test socket. Download speeds instantly went from 32mbits to around 45mbits. The line also changed from interleved to Fastpath as soon as i switched routers so ingame ping on WoW is around 21ms and league of legends around 28ms from 48ms.

Line is still no where near as fast as it was when upgraded to 72mb, as i did get 71mbits download speeds from speed test when i switched.

They're claiming its something to do with internal wiring but being on the test socket for 4 days now surely it shows it must be  on their end?

Waiting for a callback from manager still.

Community Team

Hi neilzomg,

I'm chasing this up with our network team, if you don't hear anything later today or over the weekend can you bump the thread again on Monday 

Chris

neilzomg
Team Player

No contact from them yet, broadband is now disconnecting every few hours as well and is also slower yet again while being on the test socket.

neilzomg
Team Player

Openreach engineer coming out tomorrow so hopefully issues will be sorted tomorrow

Community Team

Hi

Please do let us know how things are following the openreach visit.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

neilzomg
Team Player

Engineer is a no show, was to be here by 1pm latest with an am booking. Standard.

neilzomg
Team Player

Got in touch with Talktalk, engineer was here but not inside the house theres a problem with external wiring nothing to do with internal wiring which is funny as they blamed my end of the line from the start.

So now i have to wait to see how many more weeks its going to take to get this problem sorted. Because it's took almost a month to get this far.

Community Team

Hi

I've raised this to networks to liaise with Openreach and find out what is going on with this one.

Checking the openreach system it shows the fault report raised yesterday was rejected due to missing service ID, so I can see no evidence of any engineer going out today.

I've asked my network colleagues to pick this up and see what has happened with this.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Community Team

Hi

Networks are asking to confirm availability for the engineer to visit.  My network colleagues is liaising directly with openreach to make sure they attend.  What day / time is best, or do you want me to request next available visit.

Thanks

Karl. 

neilzomg
Team Player

You can arrange for any day. My partner is off on maternity leave so shes home every day of the week. Its just weird because Talktalk assured me that the engineer did make a visit this morning but to outside the house wiring somewhere... so am i being lied to?

Community Team
Solution

Hi

I've requested next available engineer for you, and I'll check this is booked in with openreach.

As to the info you were given over the phone, not being privy to the conversation I can't really comment, all I can tell you is that I have full access to the BT Openreach system.  I've logged into this directly and can see the engineer booking request and the note rejecting this 5 minutes later, so no engineer was booked or assigned and no engineer was out on this today.

Thanks

Karl. 

neilzomg
Team Player

Okay give me a shout when its booked in please buddy with date and times apreciate the help :)

neilzomg
Team Player

Thanks engineer coming out tomorrow got a call from talktalk :)

Community Team

Hi

That's great, I wasn't sure if my colleague would call or pass it back to me.

Karl.

neilzomg
Team Player

Openreach engineer came in the morning, said there was a fault with an earth wire nothing wrong with internal wiring or faceplates said he had to go sort something at the cabinet. 

I went off to work and left him to it as my partner was in the house. She hasn't a clue about anything computing so i just told him to ring me with any updates.

He installed a new faceplate which i didn't request as the old one was fine, he didn't install a filtered faceplate just a new standard one and the line sync speed is still only getting me around 39mbps download speeds. Sync speed is capped to like 52 megs but not getting that actual sync speed

neilzomg
Team Player
Also, i was using an asus router at the time as it actually get faster download speeds compared to the talktalk router, it won't pick up any DSL signal just constantly flashes only the talktalk router works. Router was working fine before his visit. Tried a reset to factory settings on asus router and still no luck.