Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Very slow Faster Fibre connection

2 REPLIES 2
Rodbender
Team Player

Hi all, My faster fibre connection speed has suddenly dropped drastically.

I was previously getting around 22/25Mbps but now it's around 12Mbps.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so did you solve it.

TIA.

PS. Am I entitled to a refund as TalkTalk guarantee you a minimum download speed of 22.1Mb?

Skynet_TX
Community Star

Hi @Rodbender ,

Have you tried switching the router off for over 30 minutes, then when you switch it back on it will start a new 'session', this can sometimes help it reconnect at a better speed.

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to do a test on your phone line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault on your line. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

The TalkTalk staff on this community will also be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a day or two.

OCE_Michelle
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Rod,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the sync speed looks consistent. Just to confirm, have you tried switching the router off for a full 30 minutes and then retested the speeds again as this will reset the current session and can often increase the throughput speeds?

Thanks