Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Very slow / no broadband.

3 REPLIES 3
krisad13
Popular Poster

Hello, my broadband is extremely slow today.  It's been pretty bad for the last month and cutting out all together at times, max speed has been about 25 when it should be 60+.  I've put up with it as I'm moving soon.

Since last night the speed has never been above 12-13 and dropping frequently, it's very difficult trying to work like this.  Any of the tech guys able to assist?  Any known problems in my area? NE34

I've already reset through router for the 30 mins, this is happening with both wifi and ethernet.

krisad13
Popular Poster

Also want to add that the router is now plugged directly into the main socket and still the same result. 13 download 3.5 upload

Skynet_TX
Community Star

Hi @krisad13,

If the routers connection is dropping a lot then this will have a knock on effect on your speed, the equipment in the street cabinet will keep reducing your speed in an attempt to stabilise your connection. Once the fault is fixed and you have a stable connection again the speed should start to increase within a week or so.

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to do a test on your phone line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault on your line. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

The staff on this community won't be around until Monday now, so you may get faster support by using the live chat or phoning up over the weekend, however the staff here should respond to this topic early next week to help if you are still having issues.

OCE_Debbie
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi krisad13

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults and your line is in sync at 73.9mb.

Have you tested with a different router?

Thanks

Debbie