would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Very slow speed on HG633

9 REPLIES 9
Emmamoran
Chatterbox

Hi,

I have a fault somewhere with my broadband, where the 35MB down that I’m meant to have is only getting to about 4MB down. This connection was only installed 3 weeks ago as we moved house and brought our old router with us that we had before we renewed our contract.

I had an openreach engineer out today who said the fault was definitely the router, as our line was clear and he showed me that he was getting 36.5MB down on his testing machine. He said to reach out to talk talk to arrange a replacement router after about an hour, as that is when they would receive a report.

I have to say, getting a replacement router is like pulling teeth. I’ve been on to live chat  three times today and they’ve now told me they want to arrange another openreach engineer to do the same thing as was done today. Given OR have cleared it twice now, could someone help me to get a router swap out? I’ve attached some stats from the router below in case it helps.

Thanks in advance,

Emma

DSL synchronization status:
Up
Connection status:
Showtime
Upstream line rate (kbit/s):
Downstream line rate (kbit/s):
Maximum upstream rate (kbit/s):
Maximum downstream rate (kbit/s):
Upstream noise safety coefficient (dB):
Downstream noise safety coefficient (dB):
Upstream interleave depth:
Downstream interleave depth:
Line standard:
VDSL2
Upstream line attenuation (dB):
Downstream line attenuation (dB):
Upstream output power (dBm):
Downstream output power (dBm):
Channel type:
Fast
DSL up-time:
0 days 11 hours 28 minutes 49 seconds
Community Team

Hi Emma

I've a router on the way to you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Emmamoran
Chatterbox

Thanks @OCE_Karl, appreciate it. 

Community Team
Emmamoran
Chatterbox

So I unexpectedly managed to borrow a friend's router today and it has made no difference to the line. I've posted the stats from this router below. Is there anything in these or my previously posted ones from the HG633 that look off?

I have an openreach engineer coming round tomorrow but given the last one told me that it was my router I'd quite like to give them a step for a hint if possible as to where the fault may be, if there's anyone who can help?

Thanks in advance, 

Emma

--

Line Status:Connected

DSL Modulation Type:VDSL2

Annex Type:Annex A/L

UpstreamDownstream
Current Rate (Kbps) 70483534
Max Rate (Kbps) 1066717455
SNR Margin (dB) 9.329.7
Line Attenuation (dB) 18.59.2
Errors (Pkts) 00

Community Team

Hi Emma,

Thanks for the update. It can take between 24-48hrs for DLM to make changes to the sync speed if the connection remains stable. Has there been any increase in sync speed since your last post?

Thanks

Emmamoran
Chatterbox

Second engineer diagnosed the fault straight away - it was a faulty fibre port in the street cabinet? All full speed ahead it seems, will see in 48 hours.

Also I received the new router today - thanks - but I didn't get a return envelope for the old one. Would you like me to send it back and if so could you send me instructions on what to do?

Thanks for all the help, 

Emma

Community Team

Hi Emma

Thanks for keeping us updated.

I can send a returns bag, would you like me to arrange this?

Debbie

Emmamoran
Chatterbox

Hi, 

Yes please. 

Thanks, 

Emma

Community Team

Hi Emma

Thanks for your reply.

The returns bag is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Debbie