Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Very slow uploads and relativly slow down

22 REPLIES 22
Team Player

Hello,

my fiber speeds are just not great. My upload sometimes is not even registerd as 0 which obviously affects my download please can you help?

thanks

Mark

Community Star

Hi @MouseMicky 

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi markstockman1,

Line test is passing and currently sync speed is 17.8Mbps . Can you run a couple of speed tests on the My Account speed checker, on a device connected by Ethernet cable to your router

Thanks
Chris

Team Player

Will do tonight and get back to you. what did the Upload speed say thats the problem that is draging the system down. 🙂 on all speed tests done its pretty much 0.1 - 0

mark

OK, thanks 

Upstream sync speed is 600Kbps

Chris

Team Player

Ok thanks I will check tonight but that is certainy not what i have been getting at home. I am struggling with Youtube and even some web pages not loading and timing out.

thanks

OK, please let us know how you get on

Chris

Team Player

Hello 

Speed was 15.6 and upload was 0.5 

This is certainly not fibre speeds 🙂 when youtube buffers and more than one device on the system slows it more this isbetter than i have been getting too but this is your speedtest so a little dubiouse 🙂

Thanks

Hi MouseMicky

I've checked the connection stats and your line is currently in sync at 17.8mb.

How has the connection been since your last post?

Thanks

Debbie

Team Player

OCE_Debbie

not great I have a youtube channel and the upload is so slow its taking too long to upload and then timing out. Half a MB upload when i am lucky is below the "Promiced speed I belive" not sure where we can go from here? luckily my contract is up in August so I can move to another provider.

Mark s

Hi Mark

Were you previously receiving faster upload speeds?

Is the router currently connected at the test socket? Have you tested with a different router?

Thanks

Debbie

Team Player

Its been like this for ages just not botherd to sort it but its anoyed me more and more lately to the point of wanting to leave. I had been doing my uploads at work which i cannot do now. Am i correct that the upload is lower than i have been promiced? also yes i am directly plugged into the test socket its a lot worse if i am not.

thanks

Mark s

Hi Mark

I can send a replacement router for testing to see how the connection/speed compares, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Team Player

Yes please that would be good. will it be one of the new ones or the same one I have now? 

Thanks

Hi Mark

I can send either a DSL3782 or a HG633 router, which would you prefer to test with?

Thanks

Debbie

Team Player

DSL3782 please.

my one at the moment is the HG633 so will be a good test.

thnaks

Hi Mark

The DSL3782 router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Team Player

Hello sorry for the long delay in getting back. I havechanged around the router andi am now getting 1.5mb upload which is better and my speed is around 16mb about the same still both not great but better. I will put the old router in the bag and send it back this week. not really sure if there is anything more that can be done I dont think i can expect higher speeds which is a shame 😞 thanks for the help.

🙂

Hi MouseMicky,

Thanks for the update. Just to confirm, what speeds were you originally receiving before the speed dropped? Are you running the speed tests wired or wireless?

Thanks

Team Player

🙂

Download around 15mb

upload around 0.4mb

The tests are pretty much the same on wired and wireless connection.

thanks