Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Vlan 36 all the time

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Participant

Screenshot_20190617-002753_Chrome.jpg

This is seriously annoying me got to beg for the internet not to go down when in competitive gaming / this seems to be all the time and happens anytime 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Kieran,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see re-connections on the line.

Just to confirm, are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as no dial tone or any noise on the line when the connection is unstable?

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Star

What make/model of router do you use?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Participant

No that's fine , when I had BT broadband there was barely a disconnection 

Highlighted
Participant

Screenshot_20190617-135247_Chrome.jpg

That router SG4K10002600t

Highlighted

Hi Kieran,

Thanks for confirming this. Does your master socket have a test socket? Do you have an alternative router that you can test with to see how the stability compare?

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant

Um , I don't have a spare router at all ,I had a few issues with bt router before but we got there in the end , I did the socket test with bt a few months ago and they said it was all fine , they found a fault outside of the house which was fixed the only conclusion I can come to is this talktalk router hasn't been configured correctly which is leading to the disconnections.

Highlighted

Hi KieranKelly01

I can send a replacement router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Participant

Yes please !

Highlighted

Hi KieranKelly01

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Participant

Ok how long should I give before giving an update 

Highlighted

Hi KieranKelly01

Please can you test with the replacement router for at least 24hrs and let us know how you get on?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Participant

Ok.

Highlighted

Hi Kieran,

Just checking in to see if the replacement router has arrived yet?

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant

Yes it came yesterday , speeds seem faster on it and more stable , only time will tell.

Highlighted

Ok, no problem.  Test for a day or two and any issues report back.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Participant

Hey it's been a few days , this router seems a lot better only 1 DC , due to update on the router, and speeds are a bit quicker

Highlighted

Hi Kieran

Thanks for keeping us updated, please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Debbie