Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Vlan 36 error.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
First Timer

Have seen a few other people suffering with the same issue and have had a few different things done to correct the issue. I personally have changed everything in my home wiring wise to try and fix the issue. I have seen people have the issue fixed with just a new router or a firmware update being pushed to their hub and corrected the issue.

However I've seen people have had to have several engineer visits over a month period until the issue was fully resolved.

Would like to know what to do from here, have been with talktalk for just over a year now since moving homes and never had an issue until the last few days having a few cut outs and now just nothing at all, all with the same vlan 36 error everytime.

Don't know if a firmware update was pushed over this period that could have caused this issue in which case would a roll back in firmware be an issue?

Any and all help is very appreciative as everything in our home relies on having an internet connection, even just for watching TV as we have no main ariel, so as you can imagine it's been a rather rubbish weekend thus far!

John Whitmarsh.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi GammonZ,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which has detected a potential voice fault. Just to confirm, are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line or no dial tone? Does your master socket have a test socket?

Thanks

Highlighted
First Timer
Ok well glad I've finally got an answer to what the issue might be lol. I don't have a landline phone connected never have but for the perhaps of testing the line I can borrow one. It does have a test socket and for the last two days I've had the router connected directly into that through a filter.

As I'm at work until late tonight I'll have to let you know about the phone line, if I am hearing anything is there anything I can do? Just so I know ahead of time.
John Whitmarsh.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi GammonZ,

Thanks, if possible it would be worth ruling this out. If you are able to borrow a phone then we would just need you to connect the phone at the test socket and confirm if there is a dial tone and if their is any noise on the line.

Thanks