cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

WAN connection INTERNET_B_VID_101:IPv4 disconnected.(ERROR_NO_CARRIER)

8 REPLIES 8
Sigals1
Chatterbox

I keep getting these messages in my logs multiple times per day and my download speed reduces dramatically until I restart the VDSL connection. Can someone look into this.

01:57:29 25/01/2019SystemNoticeWAN connection INTERNET_B_VID_101:IPv4 connected.
01:57:28 25/01/2019SystemNoticeDSL connection is active.
01:57:01 25/01/2019SystemNoticeWAN connection INTERNET_B_VID_101:IPv4 disconnected.(ERROR_NO_CARRIER)
01:57:01 25/01/2019SystemNoticeDSL connection is inactive.
KeithFrench
Community Star

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team

Hi Sigals1,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Which router are you using? (make and model)

Thanks

Sigals1
Chatterbox

Thanks for the quick response Michelle, very much appreciated. This has been going on for some months now.

See below details of the modem:

Product type: HG633

Device ID: 00E0FC-C4R8W16A17000483

Hardware version: H.1.01

Software version: v2.00t

I've also attached a summary of my speedtest results over the past few months when this issue occurs you can see a clear dramatic drop in down speed until I restart the VDSL connection - strangely upload speed is never affected.

I also have the modem plugged into the BT Master Socket.

FbvanyK

Community Team

Hi Sigals1,

Thanks for confirming this. Do you have an alternative router that you can test with? If not then let us know and we can arrange to send a replacement router for testing purposes.

Thanks

Sigals1
Chatterbox
Hi Michelle, I do not have another router to test with. Thanks.
Community Team

Hi Sigals1

I've ordered a replacement router for testing, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Sigals1
Chatterbox
Thanks Debbie, I have received it and configured it - I will monitor it over the next few days and get back to you. I used the new included micro-filter and RJ-11 cable connected to the BT Master Socket. Cheers.
Community Team

Hi Sigals1,

Ok thanks for the update and please let us know how the connection compares.

Thanks