Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

WAN port setup

6 REPLIES 6
Conversation Starter

Hello all

I am trying to setup the new router Fast 5364 router mode using the WAN port

Before you ask i appreciate the router is plug and play but i am experimenting how to use a HG633 as modem mode and 5364 as router 🙂

What do i have to change in the setting page for the 5364 so it takes internet from the red WAN port please instead of a phone line connection.

Would appreciate any assistance 🙂

Community Star

Neither support modem mode.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Chatterbox

Looks like the Sagemcom does - 

Community Star

I cannot condone doing any of that, that might be against the T&Cs of the service you agreed to be bound by.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.

Chatterbox
Afternoon Keith,

The terms and conditions at http://www.talktalk.co.uk/media/pdf/legal/TalkTalk_Customer_Terms_and_Conditions_v20190401.pdf are quite explicit in 7.2a – “the following equipment which you will own: any router and/or set top box that we send you as part of a new service with us”.

7.11 states “You may not connect equipment to our network that may harm it or other customers’ equipment or services. If you do, you must immediately disconnect it, or allow us to, at your expense” which seems highly sensible. I wouldn’t classify disabling NAT and using purely the modem as causing harm.

I’d suggest it’s pretty reasonable for technically savvy users to reconfigure their own property to enhance their experience, as long as they accept the consequences and don’t expect TalkTalk to continue to support them without a full reset.

Did you have any other specific concerns?
Community Star

However, it does not say that you are entitled to hack it to your heart's content.

Having said that, I am just a customer and this is purely my opinion. I think what would be fair to say is that modem & bridge modes should be user-configurable options within the normal UI.

I will ask TalkTalk to post on this thread giving clarification on this matter,

Keith

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

We would not advise tampering with any equipment as this will invalidate any warranty, and if anything goes wrong, then you would be charged for a replacement router.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE