Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

WBC FTTP - National FTTP Product

10 REPLIES 10
tomuk5
Chatterbox

WBC FTTP Support would help people nationally and is listed as a aim this year for talktalk in its FY19 Interim results on Page 27: https://www.talktalkgroup.com/dam/jcr:795876be-6286-4d1c-a354-f342820745ad/FY19%20H1%20PPT%20FINAL.p...

• Committed to ensuring
maximum number of customers
have access to full Fibre
• Investing in scale full Fibre
network. TalkTalk as anchor
tenant
• Will wholesale from Openreach
– and potentially others – in
remainder of country

Quite a few people (myself included) are being provided with FTTP services where we are too far from the cabinet to receive FTTC, this leaves us with a choice. either use Talktalk ADSL services at 1-2mbit or change provider to BT and get 40-1000mbit instead on a stable FTTP connection, as talktalk do not offer WBC FTTP in its portfolio, only WBC FTTC at present.

Community Team

Hi tomuk5,

Thanks for your comments 🙂

Chris

tomuk5
Chatterbox

is there an official update on this, as would help customers who may be putting off FTTP orders with other providers to find out what talktalk's position is?

Fred_Sheehan
Philosopher

If the latest posts on ‘the register’ website are to be believed, the potential partners talk talk were hoping for have withdrawn, it was supposed to be getting £1.5 billion invested, with talk talk being a 20% stakeholder..

I’m sure long term talk talk have every intention of rolling out FTTP in more areas, but it’s not looking like it’s coming soon if you believe the news...

MVC_sig_pomo_baz.png
tomuk5
Chatterbox

im not refering to talktalks partially owned private fibre networks carried out in certain restricted areas of the uk, im refering to the sale of WBC (Wholesale Broadband Connect) FTTP nationally utilising openreach's network as they currently use the WBC FTTC product for resale for almost every other FTTC connection they sell at present.

the product is live in Openreach's portfolio and has been for quite some time, its not so much a case of if talktalk will sell it, but more a case of when.

As not selling it will leave them offering an inferior product to most of the country and losing out on business entirely in new builds nationally for which now the default install option is FTTP (you pay a premium for copper on new builds if you want to have what is now termed "legacy")

Gondola
Community Star

Hi tomuk5 

TalkTalk have trialled Openreach FTTP and they do have a full-fibre team to deliver on the statement that TalkTalk would resell FTTP from Openreach and possibly others.  I'm also in an area that has Openreach FTTP with limited customer choice of FTTP suppliers.

On 21 November what also became clear is that TalkTalk have signed up to the full 5 year wholesale development of Openreach FTTC under the TalkTalk 'Fibre for Everyone' banner.

And TalkTalk will be reselling Openreach FTTP outside of Fibre Nation roll-out areas although timescales are still not being mentioned.  Probably because Fibre Nation plans are still in the development stage. Hopefully, we'll see more mention of Fibre for Everyone in the marketing and some attractive fibre offers. 

Quite what will happen about customers in areas where the infrastructure is in the Openreach Fibre First portfolio is unclear as Fibre First areas are excluded from the wholesale development offers made generally to Communications providers.

TalkTalk Group Presentation page 27

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
tomuk5
Chatterbox

is there any update on this? as we're now into June and i now have a choice of FTTP or 2mbit ADSL at my address.

If talktalk can't/won't provide a national FTTP product then i have no choice but to leave.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @tomuk5 

I'll escalate for a reply for you from the TalkTalk team.

The latest I heard was last month when the CEO said that TalkTalk has signed up to a deal with Openreach on reselling Openreach G.fast and FTTP but seemed to be indicating that there was still negotiation in the pipeline on price.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team

Hi tomuk5

Head over to our availability checker to see if UFO has landed in your area. If it has, you'll be able to place your order. If not, you can still register your interest and we'll let you know as soon as it becomes available.

You can also check our build schedule for information and updates about where we're currently building the UFO network and where we plan to build next.

Thanks

Debbie

tomuk5
Chatterbox

Hi,

Please can i have an update on this as myself and many other talktalk customers would like to know when we can actually order or even trial Openreach FTTP.

im almost out of contract and if this isnt an option within the next 2 months then il have to leave talktalk and move to a ISP who can provide a service to my address greater than 2Mbit ADSL.

Thanks

Tom

Community Team

Hi Tom,

At this moment the only FTTP product that we offer is our UFO service in Yorkshire. I don't have any timescales that I can share around FTTP roll out, it may be worth checking the Openreach website for their roll out plans.

Thanks