cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want To End My Talk Talk Broadband Contract Early. Very Early.

62 REPLIES 62
whitbyglenn
Team Player

Hi Guys, 

It's now 31 days since my go live date. I would like to end my contract as My Broadband is not functioning.

I realise that it says you can only get out of the contract free of charge in the first 30 days. But its single day so i wondered if they would let me out.

Ive tried dealing with the Talk Talk online chat and with tech support via Phone. 

Dealing with them is like groundhog day. They just have you go through the same simple steps that fix nothing.

I run a Business from home and need my Broadband. Surely Talk Talk are in breach of contract by not supplying me with something that works.

At the moment Im having to use my Mobile phone data as The Broadband is non functioning.

ferguson
Community Star

See here: https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Cancel-your-TalkTalk-service/ta-p/2204737

Bear in mind that unless TalkTalk have expressly agreed otherwise then the Terms & Conditions forbid the use of their service for business purposes. 

martswain
Philosopher

Has your broadband been working at all ?

Does you phone work normally ?

Have you been offered an engineer visit ?

As @ferguson says, it may be YOU in breach of contract in using a domestic service for business purposes UNLESS TT have agreed to that use.

Martin
whitbyglenn
Team Player

Has your broadband been working at all ? Yes, sometimes

Does you phone work normally ? Dont Have One

Have you been offered an engineer visit ? No, just countless hours on chat or on the phone trying to speak to someone I cant understand, and going through the same old routine. Check Filter etc etc etc.

It ends up at a point where you just want to head to the nearest cliff and take a leap.

With regards to business use. Thanks for the information. I will switch that to my hotspot data (Not Talk Talk)

ferguson
Community Star

OK, you originally asked simply about leaving. Would you like the TalkTalk support team here to check your broadband connection with a view to helping?

whitbyglenn
Team Player

Hi, 

This is my thought process. 

Dealing with Talk Talk Chat system or Calling in for technical help really is not a helpful process. The people on chat just have you going round in circles answering the same questions and then not getting anywhere.

When I ring in, although the people you speak to are extremely well manaored and pleasant, they have really bad broken English, so what should be a 5 minute call becomes an hour call whilst your trying to understand what they say.

For that reason I really would like to get out of my contract and switch to Plusnet.

However, if you can check my problem out and try to rectify it, without all the pain of me having to del with the chat lines, then that would be helpful.

Am I right in being of the understanding that if you cant fix the problem within one month, I get to leave without any penalty payments ?

I was with Talk Talk at my old address, and it worked perfectly fine. i was always very happy with the package. So when I moved home I decided to stay Loyal to Talk Talk. However, Im now thinking that was perhaps not the best idea I ever had.

ferguson
Community Star

There is a small, expert team on here who will do their very best to help and they have an excellent track record of sorting things out. All contact is made by posting directly on here. They won't be back online until tomorrow, but I have flagged this up and they should pick it up then.

It really will be helpful if you can get your hands on a corded handset just to test the line, any issues on the voice side, whether you use it or not, will impact on the broadband performance. My instincts tell me that something went awry when your service was connected by BT Openreach, it wouldn't be the first time. Failing that, if you have a test socket it will be worthwhile connecting your router there with a microfilter to see if there is any improvement.

Also, if you haven't done so already, make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number are complete on your community profile here so that the team can link your forum identity with your account.

Finally, you do have rights to cancel in the event of an irreparable failure of service, but personally I think this is highly unlikely. Moving to another operator on the same network would only likely take the existing problem with you.

Community Team

Hi whitbyglenn,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

viewer625
Conversation Starter

"Moving to another operator on the same network would only likely take the existing problem with you"

Not always the case I know someone well who was told by TT that BTO had told TT his line could not go faster that 40mb so the speed boost he had was to be taken away after a fault was fixed before the fault it ran faster

He moved to PN same wires same phone number (PN was able to port the number from TT)

Within 48h of PN taking over the service the speed was 50mb

I can only assume the move to PN triggered a DLM reset (TT told the person I know they could not do a reset) the line now runs faster than it ever did on TT

Mind you PN use a better profile than TT for lines that sometimes gives a speed boost since it places speed over stability, not that stability has been a problem it is no less stable than when TT ran it

As a side note PN phone support is UK based, AFAIK in Sheffield

whitbyglenn
Team Player

Hopefully the information you require is there for you now.

Community Team

Hi whitbyglenn

I've had a look at this and can see a fault on the copper line.  I will need to request an openreach engineer to resolve.

I'll have to go through the usual BT red tape when requesting an engineer, so I'll drop you a PM with the info required.

Thanks

Karl. 

whitbyglenn
Team Player

Replied via PM. Hopefully the visit will be soon as I am now totally without fibre. 

whitbyglenn
Team Player

Hi Guys, 

Can you confirm this is being dealt with please. I had a rather confusing phone call today from someone claiming to be a talk talk manager (Git me wonder if everyone at Talk Talk is a manager, or maybe I was such an important customer that the manager phones me about any issues).

Anyway, the phone call was extremely confusing. Again in Broken English which I really struggle to understand.

The guy told me that noone knows what the fault is (Strange because Karl says above is Copper wire). The guy ringing also said no engineer has been booked as there was no need for one.

Can someone please explain what is happening ?

Community Team

Hi whitbyglenn

I have replied to your Private Message.

Thanks

Debbie

whitbyglenn
Team Player

Hi Debbie,

I have sent the answers to your private message. Can you please hurry along the engineers visit.

Can we also please note that you are now also asking the same questions posed by OCEKarl, and already answered by myself earlier in the week.

Is it possible to have some continuity with who is dealing with my case please so we can avoid having to go over the same thing several times.

Community Team

Hi whitbyglenn

Thanks for the Private Message.

I have passed over your availability to our Network Team and I will post back shortly to confirm the date and time of this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi whitbyglenn

This fault has been passed straight to an Openreach line engineer to investigate the line outside instead of arranging a visit to the property. We should receive further updates within the next 48hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

whitbyglenn
Team Player

Hi Guys,

The Openreach guy rang me yesterday and then popped in. He said there had been some loose crimps in the green box, he also reset the line as the speeds were down from what they should be.

He said its now a matter of wait and see. Also said the line will need to go through th 14 day management period again.

At the moment I can report all is pretty good. The gentleman from openreach was excellent, very thorough and explained everything he was doing.

I will report back if there are any future problems.

Thankyou for your help with this issue. 

Community Team

Hi

Always nice to hear the engineer has been thorough and found the issue.

If anything changes, do let us know.

Regards,

Karl. 

whitbyglenn
Team Player

Hi Guys,

Unfortunately Im running into issues again. The speeds are really bad since Friday of last week, and I keep loosing connection. However at the current time the Router lights all seem to be green.

Power and broadband lights are soild green. Internet and wireless lights are flashing green.

Any help would be appreciated. My internet has ben on and off since Friday. Worst seems to be late evening.

Speedcheck readings are well below what would be expected.