Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Went live the 17th of September and still no internet

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Sightseer

Hello,

I went live almost 10 days ago and still I have no internet, I tried everything and still nothing so I went to the service centre and everything’s fine except for my router, it says that talktalk was unable to identify my router or it’s software. I really need internet right now because I start uni next week and I need and stable connection. Thank you and I’ll wait for your answer 

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Mariano Rocha  ,

Did you receive a text/email to confirm your service had gone live ?. Are you able to log into the 'My Account' site to check the status of your activation ?

What light(s) are showing on the router ?

The staff on this forum won't be around until Monday now, so you may get faster support by using the live chat or phoning up over the weekend, however the staff on this forum should respond to this topic early next week to help if you are still having issues.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi 

Yeah, I received an email and I already log in into my account and checked and it says I’m live, and in service centre says everything’s perfect except for the router. 

Blinking amber and doesn’t change. 

thank you for your answer.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Mariano,

How many telephone sockets do you have? 

Does your master socket have a test socket? If it does, could you connect your router to it and check to see if the router connects to the internet 

Chris

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hello, 

I have one telephone socket and yeah I already tested and nothing but I don’t thing the problem is the connection but the router because talktalk sent me a message saying that my connection was okay and the service status page says that everything’s fine except the router, is the only problem that service status finds every time I check. Also talktalk took the payment of the service from my account but I haven’t use it at all, I’m not planning to change to another provider but I really need my router to get fixed and I would like to review my payment cause I saw in the page that you can get your money back if you didn’t use the service. Thank you and sorry for the late answer.

Highlighted
Community Star

I'll re-escalate this thread,  as it's been a while since there was activity on it, @Mariano Rocha .

Staff reply Monday to Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2
Highlighted
Sightseer
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Mariano Rocha

I'm really sorry for the delay.

I can send a replacement router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

If you are still experiencing this fault with a different router at the test socket then the next step will be to arrange an Openreach engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie