cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Which number is the sync speed on Talktalk hub?

9 REPLIES 9
paulpearson1975
Popular Poster

I have been sent a new hub by Talktalk after complaining that my sync speed as shown by the previous router was significantly below my guaranteed speed provided by Talktalk (35Mbps). I told the agent that I had my doubts that the new hub would make any difference, but I have connected it up anyway. I don't have the model number to hand, but it's the one that they're currently sending out to new customers.

There's a download speed shown on the main hub landing page, which matches the "actual rate" shown when digging deeper into the settings (though that one is given in Kbps). I just want to confirm that the "actual rate" does mean the sync speed, and not the "maximum rate" which is also shown on the same page?

An agent has told me that is the case, but I want to be sure as talktalk have now booked me an engineer's visit which I don't want to be charged for! 

Many thanks. 

Community Team

Hi paulpearson1975

I can see that an engineer visit has been arranged.

What speed do you receive when you run a speed test? Have you powered down the router for a full 30 minutes and run a speed test following this?

Thanks

Debbie

paulpearson1975
Popular Poster
The previous router was powered down for that long yes. Since connecting the new one I haven't wanted to do that since turning the router off and on can lead to the speed being adjusted down.

Speed tests give me around 18Mbps, so not close to my guaranteed sync speed. Please could you confirm that the "actual rate" shown when logging in to the hub is indeed the sync speed? The speed tests would seem to indicate that it is.
Community Team

Hi paulpearson1975

Your sync speed is showing as 22.3mb

Thanks

paulpearson1975
Popular Poster
Thanks, that's what I thought. I may try turning the router off and on for 30 minutes tonight then, before the engineer's visit on Friday.
Community Team

Hi paulpearson1975

Thanks for your reply. Once the router has been powered down we usually advise to allow DLM up to 48hrs to change the line profile'/increase speed.

If you post back on this thread on Wednesday then we can check the connection stats/speed again.

Thanks

Debbie

paulpearson1975
Popular Poster

Thanks Debbie, 

So just to confirm, I should power down for 30 minutes, but then we may need to wait 48 hours for speed increases to be realised? If I do that, and the hub comes back up this evening with similar sync speed to what I have now, doesn't that set a speed limit on the connection which which won't be exceeded however long we wait?

Thanks again, 

Paul

Community Team

Hi Paul,

I'm sorry for the delay. It would be worth trying the 30 minute router power down to see if there is any change in speed. Could you bump your thread tomorrow and we can re-check the connection stats again.

Thanks

paulpearson1975
Popular Poster

I powered off the hub for 40 minutes this morning. It synced again at 22.4Mbps when it came back up. 

Community Team

Hi Paul

I can see an Openreach fibre engineer has been arranged for Friday AM.  We can see if the engineer can identify an issue when he visits.

Thanks

Karl.