Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Why did my broadband cancel?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
First Timer

Due to corona our technician (Yoseff) couldn't enter the property to install- he kindly talked us through the process so our wifi was installed and has been working perfectly. However I received a text to rebook our appointment - as the wifi was installed I saw no reason to rebook. 

Yesterday I received an email - (see attached) to notify my to the cancellation of our broadband requested by 'Another company'. I did not request a cancelation and am worried about a scam. How do I cancel a cancellation?

I do not obviously want to be charged for cancelling when I didn't want to cancel. Equally I am concerned that I shall be charged a fee for our technician being unable to enter the property due to corona and for not filling the correct form in to notify talk talk of our successful installation. 

My flat mate has also emailed to complain about this matter as he is working from home and it is vital we have wifi in the flat during the current corona virus lockdown. He gave his mobile number.

I also have tried to ring the number suggested by the email but as I do not have a landline or landline number I cannot get through to your help service. 

PLEASE HELP!

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hey Queenstown, 

Sorry for the delayed reply, we're doing our best in these unprecedented circumstances due to the Corona virus to answer everyone as quickly as possible. Apologies for the confusion this has caused. I have looked over the orders and the first order was not completed by Openreach. Because they requested another appointment which was not booked the order timed out and cancelled. I do not know what state the service was in as we where never instructed to turn the service on which happens when Openreach confirm they have completed the order. We have placed a fresh order to get your service up and running. This is due to be installed by an Openreach engineer on the 13/05/2020. 

Once again we are sorry for the confusion with the orders and hope the new order goes ahead with out any hitches. 

Thanks and keep safe!

Jon