Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Wi-Fi Hub is NAT enabled or Not?

ANSWERED
4 REPLIES 4
Morgai
Popular Poster

I'm trying to set up (again) port forwarding. In the device info tab I can see "NAT Disabled" - however in Access control NAT is enabled (ON). I am unable to disable the NAT in the Access control without an error. I understand that I need this feature to be enabled before I can get the port forwarding to work. Another issue I have seen is that the unit fails to save user entered info in the Ethernet IP address section - such as device type (ICON) and Location.

Hardware Version   FAST5364 3.00

Software Version    SG4K10002600t

GUI Version            3.7.5

Any help would be appreciated, regard Doug 

The futures so bright, ya gotta wear shades!
KeithFrench
Community Star

Where in Access Control are you trying to disable NAT? There is no problem with port forwarding at all in the hub, everything else you mention are bugs in the firmware. There is new firmware that is currently under test, but I do not know of any release date yet.

If you are having issues with port forwarding, please supply full details of your scenario including the TCP or UDP ports that you are trying to forward, the type of device you are trying to forward to & what application is running on that. I will also need to see screenshots of the router configuration you are using if I am to be able to help you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Morgai
Popular Poster

Hi Keith

Thanks for the offer of support but, I have now got this working (Still have the NAT reported as ON and Disabled), so the NAT must be active. I did a factory reset on the router, and then re-entered my configuration. This also appears to have fixed the retention of device info.

I also think part of my problem was the loopback issue (Where data sent out of the talktalk system should not loop back in and is blocked), so testing my DDNS website from Laptop on the network is not going to work. My very noddy test website is back up and running (tested with my mobile, not on talktalk).

I'd still like to understand more about what I can do with port forwarding. I understand from forum searches that you have some of your own documentation on this (Hope I'm correct)? Would it be possible to get a copy of this?

KeithFrench
Community Star
Solution

Attached as requested.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Morgai
Popular Poster
Thanks Keith your a Star