Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Wi-Fi channel keeps changing

4 REPLIES 4
GreenFingers2
Participant

Hi,

I have been having troubles recently with my WiFi reception and I asked my local friend to look at this @KeithFrench. When he came round he said that there are an awful lot of router networks that he picked up in my lounge & set my Wi-Fi hub to use channel 1, as that was about the best he could achieve.

Despite being set to this dedicated channel, it does keep moving around to different channels. He thinks this is because the interference seen near the router's location in my property is nowhere near as bad as in my lounge.

Please can you disable the Wi-Fi Optimisation that I assume is running on my router?

Thanks very much.

KeithFrench
Community Star

Hi GreenFingers2,

I have asked the OCEs to disable the WiFi Optimisation on your router. Hopefully, this will improve your reception issues.

Keith

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

OCE_Karl
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Optimisation now off, see if this helps.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

DanielWombwell
Team Player

Hi can someone look into my router as this keeps happening to mine also and its causing lots of issues on my wifi with disconnecting me from xbox live

i set the channel myself but it keeps changing it to one that is being used by other near by wifi networks

thanks

KeithFrench
Community Star

Hi @DanielWombwell 

If you want help, you cannot use someone else's thread.

To get help, you must start your own thread. To create your own thread, go to the main page for the board in question & click the "Start a topic" button.

TalkTalk insists on one thread per problem per customer. Please note, TalkTalk makes the rules, not me.

Thanks.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they?