cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Wi-fi dropout

Community Team

Hi Dustym,

Would you like us to send a replacement router (HG633) for testing purposes to rule this out?

Thanks

Dustym
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Michelle

Thank You for responding.

Yes, happy to try a replacement router and see if that solves the issue 🙂

Thanks and Regards

Paul.

Community Team

Hi Paul

The HG633 router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Dustym
Team Player

@OCE_Debbie 

Thank You, router has arrived.  I'll get it up and running ready for Sunday night !

Paul.

Community Team

Hi Dustym,

Thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

Dustym
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Michelle 

OK, the latest position is as follows:

I set up the new replacement router (HG633) on Sunday and all was working fine, until exactly 12:00 midnight on Sunday when all connectivity dropped out, exactly as has been happening since I moved house and was "re-connected (early February 2019) - screen shot below

Capture1.PNG

This is a different error message than before (see previous messages) but the result is the same, i.e. all of my devices laptop, iphone, TV and PS4 all lost their connectivity.

You can see from the screen shot the wi-fi icon has a "!" which when I hovered over said "no internet connection".

I then thought it might be worth reconnecting my original (Hub) router to see if this made any difference and this is the error message from that..... hub.PNG

Again, different error message from before but result the same.  This time the wi-fi symbol has no error and says "connected" .......??

My logic is that the problem has to be due to the wi-fi as all my connected devices lose connection/browsing ability at the same time and for exactly 1 hour, at the same time, every week !

Then, at exactly 01:00am (Monday morning) everything miraculously starts working again and I have no other problems....  

Any thoughts, anyone ?

Thanks

Paul.

Community Team

Hi Paul,

Thanks for keeping us updated. Could I just confirm, when this happens at the same time every week, do you experience any issues with the voice service at the same time such as no dial tone? Do you have any wired devices connected during this time and do they also lose connection?

Thanks

Dustym
Team Player

All

I now notice various other threads on this forum all with the same problem.  In some ways this is good news as it proves this is not an issue my end 🙂

I hope Talktalk are urgently looking into this issue as it is clearly not an isolated occurrence.

Look forward to an update !

Cheers

Paul.

Dustym
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Michelle @OCE_Debbie @OCE_Karl 

Thanks for your reply - answers as below:

"Could I just confirm, when this happens at the same time every week, do you experience any issues with the voice service at the same time such as no dial tone?" - I will have to check next Sunday at midnight......

"Do you have any wired devices connected during this time and do they also lose connection?" - No wired devices

Interesting to hear that I'm not alone in experiencing this exact problem as others around the country have reported the same issue.  I trust you are collating all our responses as this is clearly the same issue.

Thanks

Paul. 

Community Team

Hi Paul,

I've passed this over to our Network Team now and I'll let you know as soon as I receive an update back.

Thanks

Community Team

Hi Paul,

Our Network Team have recommended arranging an engineer visit. Would you prefer to run the trace routes first to see if this identifies anything? They have also asked if it would be possible to connect a wired device to see if this also experiences the same issue?

Thanks

Dustym
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Michelle 

Thanks, I'll run the trace routes first and post the results here (that ok ?).

Happy to have an engineer visit but is this feasible for midnight Sunday when the issue occurs ?  Everything works normally at all other times..... ?

I currently don't have wired devices that can be used, however if you can send me some instructions I'll try to connect my laptop..... if I have the correct cables......   🤔

Thanks

Paul.

Community Team

Hi Dustym,

Ok thanks for confirming. I've also included a Help Article below in regards to connecting wired.

Fix a dropping broadband connection

Thanks

Dustym
Team Player

Good Morning @OCE_Michelle 

As promised here are my trace results, first one from Saturday evening when all was working fine.

trace-working.PNG

and now from Sunday just past midnight when it all goes wrong !

trace-notworking.PNG

I also took this screen shot on Sunday, not sure if its of any help but posting it anyway......

screen shot 2.PNG

Look forward to your responses and may be even a suggestion of a solution....... ?

Thank and Regards

Paul.

Community Team

Hi Paul,

Thank you and I'll let you know as soon as I know more.

Thanks

Community Team

Hi Paul,

Sorry for the delay. I've just received an update from our Network Team to advise that they have made a change which they think should resolve this issue. Please let us know how the connection compares after Sunday.

Thanks

Dustym
Team Player

Thanks@OCE_Michelle 

I will definitely let you know if the fix has worked.  If it has, I would be interested to know what the problem was.....

Regards

Paul.

Community Team

Hi Paul, I look forward to hearing how you get on

Chris

Community Team

Hi Paul,

It was an issue on the Network which we believe is now fixed.

Thanks

Dustym
Team Player

Good Morning @OCE_Michelle 

Just to let you know that the fix worked and I had uninterrupted browsing between midnight and 01:00am last night 😀

Do you have a more informative answer as to the cause of the issue ?  "Network issue" doesn't really tell us much.... ?

I will now return the additional router you kindly sent me during testing.

Thanks for your assistance in solving this problem.

Paul.