Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

WiFi Channel keeps changing back

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Participant

Hi

i have read that a new firmware upgrade changes your wifi channel automatically even if you set it to what you want and this is causing me loads of issues on my network

how can you get this turned off?

thanks

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @DanielWombwell, quick answer, by asking here! Your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear shortly. We are very near to weekend so it might be Monday. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi DanielWombwell

Are you using the WiFi Hub?

Our performance monitoring tool will only change channels when interference is detected.  It will learn about each device that is connected over time.

However our Products Team have advised if you are experiencing issues and would prefer to select your own wireless channels then we can arrange for Wi-Fi optimisation technology to be switched off on your line.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Participant

Hi yes i am using the Talktalk wifi hub

its choosing its own channel which is giving me issues and devices in my home wont connect or even see the wifi so i have to turn the router off and on again

if this could be switched off that would be great 

thanks

Highlighted

Hi DanielWombwell

Thanks for your reply.

I've asked that this is switched off and I will post back on this thread to confirm once this has been completed.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted

Hi DanielWombwell

I'm unable to connect to your router, could you factory reset the router for me please using the pin hole reset?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Participant

Hi i will have to do this when i get home tonight

thanks

Highlighted

Hi DanielWombwell

Thank you, please let us know once this has been completed, we can then try and connect to the router again.

Debbie