cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

WiFi Connection keeps dropping on ALL devices.

15 REPLIES 15
keith29
Popular Poster

I wonder if anyone on here can help please?

Intermittently devices on the 2.5GHz wifi stop working, cable connections or 5GHz wifi is fine.

Only solution is to power cycle the talktalk hub .... until it stops working again.

Been on the phone to talktalk twice fo over an hour an they have been no help!

I have changed the 5GHz SSID, and checked for wifi interfernce and set the channel to one without interference and set the bandwidth to 20MHz.

I can ping the android phone from a laptop and the phone says it is connected to the wifi but cannot connect to the internet. Other devices on 5GHz wifi or cable can connect to the internet.

I had sky broadband with an SR102 for 18 months no problems, the new talktalk hub has been like this since we  got it about a month ago ......

KeithFrench
Community Star

If you could send me screenshots from the analyser I will take a look for you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

keith29
Popular Poster

Back room where I am using an old sky router via a power line ethernet as a wifi extender on channel 11

backroom.PNG

keith29
Popular Poster

Front room where I am using the talktalk hub wifi directly on ch 1

frontroom.PNG

keith29
Popular Poster

I have now done a factory reset on the talktalk hub and now everything works fine, 2.4GHz wifi on either SSID and the 5GHz wifi and wired connections.

Let's see how long it lasts before it stops working again 😞

KeithFrench
Community Star

OK let me know, I have just scrubbed the reply I was going to make.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.

keith29
Popular Poster

Well that didn't last very long Android phone connected to the 2.4GHz wifi won't connect to the internet now !

I can ping it's IP address from a windows 10 laptop that is still connected to the 2.4GHz wifi and can connect to the internet.

This new wifi hub is terrible or else I have got a duff one.

Can anyone help please ?

KeithFrench
Community Star

You may have a faulty hub, I'll get the OCEs to check for you on their return on Monday.

Keith

keith29
Popular Poster
Thanks very much
Community Team

Hi keith29 

Apologies for this.

I can send a replacement router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Please can you update your Community profile to include your name, telephone number and alternative contact number, we can then look into this further (Please do not post this information on this thread)

Please bump this thread to confirm once your Community profile has been updated.

Thanks

Debbie

keith29
Popular Poster

Thanks Debbie,

That would be great, I've updated my profile.

Community Team

Hi keith29 

The replacement WiFi Hub is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

keith29
Popular Poster

Thanks I'll let you know how the new one goes.

Community Team
keith29
Popular Poster

Update:

The old router for some reason worked ok this week until today and then stopped again.

So I've now swapped to the new router, I'll let you know how it goes with the new one that is working fine right now.

Thanks

Community Team

Hi keith29,

How are you getting on?

Thanks