cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

WiFi Hub IP address

3 REPLIES 3
First Timer

Just transferred from Sky. Does anybody know how to change the router IP address as I want it on 192.168.0.1. Don't want to change all my static ip addresses using the range. Also my sky hub had a dynamic ip service so I can view my CCTV. Does talktalk hub support DynDNS? Or anybody got a sky hub working on their service? 

Community Star

Do you have the Sagemcom hub or the Huawei one? Assuming the former and it is running firmware V2808, log into the router & go to:-

Dashboard > See Wi-Fi Settings > Manage Advanced Settings > TalkTalk Wi-Fi hub > DHCP

However, you must first delete any reserved IP addresses first and then change the DNS address handed out by DHCP, before actually changing the router's IP address.

Dashboard > See Wi-Fi Settings > Manage Advanced Settings > TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub> DNS

Change the DNS address to the new IP address of the router & click Apply

Yes, it does support DDNS, the most are supported by the excellent DNS Proxy service dns-o-matic.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

First Timer

Hi Keith, thanks for the reply. I've just got the talk talk wi fi router as only just joined. The settings available are very basic. It's good to know that there are routers that can do what I need. 

Community Star

If you want further help, please be precise over the make/model of the TalkTalk router that you have. See the label on the rear of it.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they?