Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

WiFi Hub (SG4K10002808t) Switches Channel Despite Manual Change

ANSWERED
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Team Player

I was having issues with dropped packets due to a clash with a neighbour's WiFi network.  So I changed the 2.4 GHz channel to 1 and the 5GHz channel to 40.  However, after a while, the WiFi hub reverts the channels back to their original ones.  

I notice that other people have experienced a similar issue with the hub changing channels despite manually setting them to something else.  The solution seems to be something relating to remote management.  

Please could a member of the OCE team take a look and, if possible, set the default channels on my hub so that the 2.4GHz network is on 1 and the 5 GHz network is on 40?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @cnwheeler ,you are correct it is a bit of software aimed and keeping the router on the 'best' channels. Apparently the OCE team are unable to alter the setting.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Highlighted
Team Player

Hi @Divsec , that's the problem.  Again today both 2.4 and 5 GHz channels decided to switch back to 11 and 48 respectively.  Sadly, my neighbour's router also favours those channels too.  

I find myself running a WiFi scanner on my screen just in case the router has switched channel again, so I can switch it back again.  Let's hope the next firmware update fixes this, otherwise I will either go back to the HG633 or get a new router that isn't hobbled like this one appears to be.

Highlighted
Community Star

@cnwheeler this may be sacrilegious, but also true, I have my own kit and can tweak it to my heart's content. Absolutely rock solid performance, great WiFi, and stats and logs galore.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi cnwheeler,

Our performance monitoring tool will only change channels when interference is detected.  It will learn about each device that is connected over time.

However our Products Team have advised if you are experiencing issues and would prefer to select your own wireless channels then we can arrange for Wi-Fi optimisation technology to be switched off on your line. Would you like us to arrange this for you?

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Michelle , please would you turn off the optimisation technology software on my line?  

I've got a WiFi scanner utility so I can keep an eye on what's going on and change the channel if required.

Highlighted
Solution

Hi

Optimisation is off on your line now.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Team Player
Highlighted

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Team Player

I have exactly the same issue. Can you do the same for my line please.

Highlighted
Community Star

@chrisg4kvi  Start your own topic and the support team will help.

Highlighted
Team Player

Thanks for that. I did post about it, before i found this one.

Highlighted
First Timer
Please change my optimisation settings so I may permanently change my WiFi channel
Highlighted
Community Star

@Cakieb As above, start your own topic.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Good evening.  I have the same issue and would also like the line optimisation turning off on my line please.  How do I best go about this?

Kind regards

Stephen