Did you mean: 
Need help?

WiFi Hub Stats & Performance.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@OCE_Debbie

Update 26th.

DLM kicked in again last night.

My downstream line rate is now up to 34086 Kbps.  But slightly strangely with no significant change to my max downstream or downstream SNR.

After 15 days of no intervention DLM seems to be now slowly returning my line's performance to what it used to be before I was upgraded to V2.00t firmware.

TR069 is still disabled.

Community Team

Hi iefbr14,

Thanks for the additional info and for monitoring. Can I just clarify, as soon as TR069 is enabled, you've noticed that DLM starts to lower the sync speed over time even though the connection looks stable? Once you turned this off the speed then gradually increased again?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@OCE_Michelle

A little background.

TR069 was by default enabled when I was upgraded to V2.00t. I immediately had some performance issues (vectoring support not recognised) which I was trying to resolve via these forums and the CEO's office (to have DLM on my line reset so that I could test), unfortunately that thread was locked by a CS so could not be progressed. I tried a new wifi hub to see if that would rectify the problem (approved by the CEO's office), it didn't so that was returned, but when I then swapped back to the HG633 that was when I noticed the reducing sync speeds.

My sync speed was lowering over time despite no reported issues, outages etc. being evident, the line appeared to be perfectly stable. When the last reset and downward sync movement happened I checked the router logs and noticed that it coincided with remote access to my router being performed (I had no way to check the older logs). So I disabled TR069 and the line speed stabilised and (after 15 days) started to improve. So whatever had been causing my line speed to decrease was no longer evident and DLM (after 15 days) started to improve my line speed.

The only action on my part between continually falling speeds and improving speeds was the change to TR069 status (i.e. disabling).

At the moment my downstream sync has recovered quite well, now marginally over 34 Mbps (from a low of around 25 Mbps), but my upstream has not adusted at all (although I have very minimal upstream traffic). Upstream sync is now exactly 6000 Kbps, with an SNR of over 10 dB, which would again suggest "banding". 

As I have said more testing is indicated, but I am very reluctant to enable TR069 while my line is still showing signs of none optimal performance.

If TalkTalk could have my DLM reset so that my performamce returns to its historic norms (~39 Mbps downstream), then (once stabilised) I will enable TR069 to investigate what happens.

If the line remains ok then back to head scratching time concerning the reduced performance levels. But if the line again starts to deteriorate I will again disable TR069 and expect TT to commit to having DLM on my line reinitialised.

Community Team

Hi iefbr14,

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Could I just confirm, is this still being looked into by our CEO's office at the moment?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@OCE_Michelle wrote:

Hi iefbr14,

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Could I just confirm, is this still being looked into by our CEO's office at the moment?

Thanks

It shouldn't be.

The original CEO office intervention was to try and sort out the problem of V2.00t firmware not recognising the availabiliy of Vectoring (makes a difference of around 6 Mbps on my line), I needed DLM reinitialised (not at my potential expense) to test.  HG635 with V1.06t and V1.10t firmware and the HG633 with V1.22.1t firmware all worked, V2.00t didn't (another possible V2.00t problem ?). When that didn't work it was agreed that the only realistic thing left to try was the new wifi hub.

When the CEO's office authorised that I told them they may as well close off the complaint, as if it worked great, but if it didn't work then there was nothing the CEO's office could do as that would require the products (devices team) to investigate the issue which (for the HG633) had already been reported via OCE_Karl (I think it was).

The wifi hub was a bit of a disaster and was set back for refund (higher up this thread).

I do however have an open complaint with the CEO's office, but that is on a different matter.

Community Team

Hi iefbr14,

Ah I see, thanks for letting me know. The problem we have is that we can't manually reset DLM for a fibre connection as this is controlled by DLM and any resets have to be requested by a BTOR engineer following there investigation into a fault.

The current sync speed is within the predicted speed range for the line so we would be unable to raise this as a slow sync speed fault for investigation. The upstream sync rate also looks consistent, what was this previously prior to the testing?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@OCE_Michelle

I appreciate the limitations of your authority with regards to BTOR resetting DLM, that's why I finished up involving the CEO's team previously (who did authorise the reset for testing purposes).

The firmware development people need to be involved in this as I fully understand there is nothing that the forum OCE's can realistically do in these circumstances.

If you escalate this issue to whoever you think may be interested in potential firmware problems and I will wait for contact from whoever (but not holding my breath). 

If anything of significance happens I will report back on this thread (if it is still available).

p.s. my previous upstream sync was just over 7.5 Mbps, so with an SNR of over 10 (for over 20 days) is looking to be banded, but hopefully DLM may eventually adjust that situation.

Community Team

Hi iefbr14,

I can pass over your thread over to our Products Team to see what they say but they won't be able to reset DLM. If you still have an open complaint with the CEO's team then it may be worth asking them if they can reset DLM again for you?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@OCE_Michelle

The open complaint with the CEO's team is on an entirely different matter, so I don't want to confuse matters with TT's own firmware issues.

I have identified what looks like a possible problem with V2.00t firmware on the HG633 and offered to do some free testing to help TalkTalk. Given the HG633's very poor firmware history I sort of thought you may be concerned.

But if you aren't interested in progressing this then fair enough. 

Community Team

Hi iefbr14,

I'm happy to pass all of your feedback over to our Products Team which we're very grateful for, I just can't reset DLM again so that you can complete more testing with TR069 enabled, which is why I suggested seeing if the CEO agent could help with this.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@OCE_Michelle wrote:

Hi iefbr14,

I'm happy to pass all of your feedback over to our Products Team which we're very grateful for, I just can't reset DLM again so that you can complete more testing with TR069 enabled, which is why I suggested seeing if the CEO agent could help with this.

Thanks

@OCE_Michelle

Sorry, Michelle, but this is a possible TT firmware issue. I don't think it is up to me to chase the CEO's office to persuade them to allow me to do further testing - which can ony be for TT's benefit.

I have flagged this up, I will leave it to TT to investigate or not as they deem fit.

Community Team

Hi iefbr14,

I've passed over all the feedback to our Products Team and I'll let you know once I hear back.

Thanks

Gavona
Conversation Starter

@Anonymous

Hoping that you could let the community know if you managed to draw any further conclusions?

Thanks,
Gavona
AldridgeAndy
Super Duper Contributor

@Gavona 

I think you find “Anonymous” is the result of someone deleting their forum profile. So it’s unlikely you’ll get a response. 

its known that there are some line stats reporting issues with the WiFi hub and it dislikes line vectoring. The 3782 doesn’t particularly like line vectoring either or some VPN services. The HG633 seems to cope with most things except if you want to upload a reasonable sized file at full available speed and maintain download traffic. 

Happy New Year 🥳