Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

WiFi Hub Update

30 REPLIES 30
harbledown
Conversation Starter

I looged in to My Account today and under Service Status it said that the software for my router needs updating. I have the WiFi Hub, Sagemcom-FAST5364.

I chatted online with three agents this morning. One said the software had been updated and then I was cut off. The second said tests on the line would be carried out and suggested I"chat back" using my mobile as the broadband would be disconnected during the test. The third said the same, and then I was disconnected.

The VERY ANNOYING THING is that I had to give the same information about my set up to all three even though number two said all chats were recorded and agents had access to the records. So, now I don't know if I've been updated or not or if the line connection is OK - the Service Status still says the software needs updating. The Chat agents were Bongeka, Standlyjr, and Talent. What do I do now.

ferguson
Community Star

The first thing you should do is tell us what software version you currently have.

harbledown
Conversation Starter

As the Service Status said I needed a software update I didn't think it would be necessary to state what the current version is. However, it's SG4K10002600t

ferguson
Community Star

That's the latest version.

harbledown
Conversation Starter

Why does the Service Status still say "Our health check shows that you're using one of our latest routers but its software needs updating" ?

ferguson
Community Star

No idea. Wait until the support team are back online on Monday and they can look at this for you.

stepdey
Popular Poster

I've got the DSL-3782 router, yesterday I checked the sevice status only to find that I was informed that I needed to update my software, so did this via live chat ( as recomended.).

Got updated from v1.08t Dec1 2016  to  v1.10t Dec14 2018

Checked service status again today and just like you it is still advising me that my software needs updating . After reading thro' the posts on this forum, I believe I do now have the latest software.after updating yesterday, strange.

aa2000
Problem Solver

Service Status, in my experience takes a day or so to update itself following a router update. 

harbledown
Conversation Starter

Thanks aa2000

Community Team

Hi harbledown

Apologies for the delay.

2600t is the latest firmware version for this router but we do have new firmware currently in testing.

Once this has been fully tested then it will be rolled out to all Wifi Hubs.

Thanks

Debbie

harbledown
Conversation Starter

Thanks Debby.  The Service Status still shows my speed is lower than expected and that's one of the reasons I  chatted online last Saturday. 

Community Team

Hi harbledown

Thanks for your reply.

How does it compare if you run a wired speed test?

Thanks

Debbie

harbledown
Conversation Starter

It is wired via powerline

ferguson
Community Star

That's not wired technically, your electrical wiring could be degrading the signal. Try the router connected directly to your computer with an ethernet cable.

harbledown
Conversation Starter

When wired directly into the router Speedtest.net shows 56 download and 19 upload. This is about the same as via powerline.

The Speed Status in My Account still says my speed is lower than expected

ferguson
Community Star

I'm sorry, I don't see the problem? They are pretty good numbers.

harbledown
Conversation Starter

I'm simply stating that the Service Status states my speed is lower than it should be

Community Team

Hi harbledown,

I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Just to confirm, what speeds were you originally receiving? How is the overall performance of the connection?

Thanks

harbledown
Conversation Starter

This is getting confusing!

I chatted online last Saturday because of the two alerts in My Account page - one said I didn't have the latest software (now resolved) and the other said (and still does) that I'm not getting the speeds I'm paying for. My speeds for some time have ranged between about 48 and 56 download, and the alert says I should be getting 71 to 80..

What am I to expect?

aa2000
Problem Solver

A friend of mine, also with TalkTalk has a similar issue.  His Service Status claims he should be getting an estimated 38-40 and he is actually getting 35.    A forecast speed check on alternative ISP's websites however all pointed towards an estimated speed for his location and phone number of 34-36, so, it could just be that the TalkTalk 'Service Status' estimator is innacurate?   

Try other ISP's websites and see what speed they forecast for you.