Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

WiFi Hub issues , suspect DNS?

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Participant

Hi , I have been with TT for a couple of months now (since leaving BT) and have been using the WiFi Hub but had constant issues which I believe to be DNS issues.  Router light stays constant white and router sync speeds stay connected however I cannot load webpages on multiple android and iOS devices , hardwired playstation says dlDNS issues and a reboot of the router tends to solve the problems for a short time.  Within 12hours it's back off again.. 

I have been sent multiple new hubs and all develop a similar problem quickly.  My line itself is fine (I was an OR engineer so know the house is wired up correctly) believe it's either the WiFi hub in general or a DSLAM port/card fault , how do I go about getting this rectified , I have spoken with TT and am getting fed up of the same old checks and nobody actually listening ..

Any advice would be appreciated 

Kevin Crawford
Highlighted
Community Star

If you have the latest available firmware you can choose alternative DNS servers, have you tried that?

Highlighted
Participant
Would that be setting for example Google DNS hard into the hub ?
Kevin Crawford
Highlighted
Community Star

Absolutely.

Highlighted
Community Star
Highlighted
Participant
I have done that with the previous hub , bit will do again to double check
Kevin Crawford
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Kevcrawf1211,

Would you like us to look into this further for you?

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant

Yes please , I have using live chat and got no where on multiple occasions 

Kevin Crawford
Highlighted

Hi Kevcrawf1211,

So when you start experiencing the problem is it then intermittent or do experience the issue on all devices, all the time until your reboot the router?

Chris

Highlighted
Participant

Yes it's intermittent , maybe once a day or so.

It's on all devices wired and wireless , stays connected to WiFi and hub shows sync speeds etc as normal , however no internet access , PS4 shows DNS issues and phone just says no internet.  I have changed to Google DNS but still having issues.  

I used to work for Openreach as a broadband engineer , and in my experience this isn't a physical network or home fault.

Kevin Crawford
Highlighted

Hi Kevcrawf1211,

Thanks for the additional information. Could I just confirm, have you ever tested with a different make and model of router?

Thanks