would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

WiFi Hub stopped working

4 REPLIES 4
akeel
Popular Poster

Hi Guys,

Hope some one can help or advice if they have experienced the same issue. So I have been a talk talk customer for 10 plus years and have gone through various packages. There have been various ups and down over the years but overall has been a reasonable service so have stuck with it, My most recent upgrade on renewal was a new wifi hub.

This has been working fine for a good few months then a couple of nights ago stopped working. and the amber light started flashing constantly.

I raised with support and after an hour or so and umpteen checks later is was concluded the line was at fault so I needed an engineer because my hub was unable to synchronize.  I have an old router hg633 so I plugged that in as I'm heavily dependent on the internet for work so was desperate to get on line somehow and this worked ok, synchronized and I was able to get online be it with very poor wifi reception, but was happy as a temporary measure

It was then concluded the hub must be faulty. so they sent a new hub which I tried today and it was having the same issue. constant amber flashing light and not able to synchronize spent another session with support and they have concluded that the new hub must also be faulty and they are going to send another.

SO I guess I just need to sanity check has anyone else experienced this issue where one fiber router will work(HG633) and the hub will no longer work? could this just be a case they have sent be a dud replacement? is that likely? i'm actually hoping so as there is hope that when the replacement arrives it may work.

The other thing I wanted to check was if it is likely there could be a fault on the exchange or the line that would result in the hub no longer working but the hg633 to still work or should both work if one works?

Any help or advise will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Akeel

Divsec
Community Star

Hi Akeel, you must be getting bored, sending back the faulty routers😀. I've seen a few members with issues like yours. Did you notice which software version is on the second router? I'm sure there is an update around. Obviously your router will need to be connected and given your stated heavy reliance on your service you willneedw to coordinate this with the OCE team. Anyway your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear during tomorrow.

Good luck

D

Regards Divsec, I don't work here, know little, and have too many opinions.
akeel
Popular Poster

Thanks for the response Divsec, I didn't catch the software version. Its just seems odd that my original one was working fine then stopped all off a sudden.

Appreciate the help

Community Team

Hi

It is possible that the router you were sent was not working as it should.  

I've had a look at the line and everything looks ok, I cannot see anything that would stop the WiFi hub from working.

Thanks

Karl. 

akeel
Popular Poster
Hi Carl. Thanks for looking into this. Will send what happens with the next router. Is very bizzare.