cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

WiFi Hub wi fi problems

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Thank you Debbi. For now lets just see how long it is before it does it again. 

On a side note I moved the 2.4 HGz to channel 6 when I had the issues as although that channel was also occupied by two or even 3 other routers in the area they were all much weaker than mine. But the router seemed to think it was a better idea to put itself back on to channel 1.

Yes channel 1 does have only 1 other nearby router on it but it is a very strong virgin media one almost as strong as mine.

Still don't understand how if it is interference on channel 1, that turning the router off and on again and it still reconnects using channel one - why does that fix it ?   

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Marvel

Our performance monitoring tool will only change channels when interference is detected.  It will learn about each device that is connected over time.

However our Products Team have advised if you are experiencing issues and would prefer to select your own wireless channels then we can arrange for Wi-Fi optimisation technology to be switched off on your line.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Ok, I will leave it for now as I don't want to cause my own problems by removing the optimisation technology. But That may be my next step after I receive another router for testing and if that test router also does the same thing with the 2.4Ghz. I will try "fixing the channel. 

But I don't need one to test just yet.

Highlighted

Hi Marvel,

Ok, please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

@OCE_Debbie wrote:

Hi Marvel

Would you like me to send a replacement WiFi Hub for testing to rule out any faults with your router?

Thanks

Debbie

Yes please Debbie could you send me a replacement router for testing.

Today the router has done it again, it has been 11 days since my last turn off and on.

The wifi analyser app shows a good signal for the 2.4ghz but devices using the 2.4 say "connected - no internet" or cycle through to also say "authentication error occurred".

Is there a better way than turning the router off and on again - a rest set or something or dose it do no harm turning it off. 

Highlighted

Hi Marvel

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

@OCE_Debbie wrote:

Hi Marvel

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Thank you it arrived to day within 24 hours. It is all plugged in and we will see how it goes.

Highlighted

Hi Marvel

Thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie