Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

WiFi Speed

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

I’ve just received the new 2020 router and it’s rubbish have to revert back to my old router only managing 12meg on wifi speed test But on my old router it’s 27meg going to complain now

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Dazzler3693 

It will most likely to be down to the WiFi channel in use on the new DG8041W router clashing with other routers in your area. Have you tried changing the channels it uses to the same as your current router?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

How do you see what channel your on and change it?

Highlighted
Community Star

To tell you where to find out what channel your old router is using, I first need to know the make/model of that router, as you have not said which one you have.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Hg635 super router
Highlighted
Community Star

If you log into the router & go to:-

Home Network > Wireless Settings > Advanced Settings

You will see the channels used for each band there.

Keith

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Dazzler3693

Apologies for the delay.

How are you getting on? Did you change the wireless channel?

Change your wireless channel

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi there no a I actually just put the new router in the cupboard and am using my old router as it’s much faster with better wifi I checked the settings in my old router and they are all on auto the new router is so much larger aswell twice the size of my current super router also there is only 1 like on the new router the old super router has more lights giving you more information

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Dazzler3693

Thanks for your reply.

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Debbie