Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

WiFi channel resetting

4 REPLIES 4
Philipwhite
First Timer

Hi I’m having an issue with my 2.4ghz WiFi channel keep resetting to channel 1 and none of my devices can see the channel. I manually change it back to 11 but 1 hour later it’s automatically changing back and disconnecting my devices.

Skynet_TX
Community Star

Hi @Philipwhite,

If you have the Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub (the one with the bronze colour behind the holes on the front) then this is a 'feature' of that router called Wi-Fi optimisation. Basically the router will choose whatever channel it thinks is best, even if you have specifically selected a different one.

You can't switch this behaviour off yourself, but the staff here can remotely disable this behaviour for you if you would like them to.

Philipwhite
First Timer

Thank you for your reply. Do you know how I manually turn off this feature? Or can a tech turn it off for me please.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
You can't switch it off manually yourself, but the staff here can switch it off for you, they should be able to reply to this post within a working day or two and will be able to do this for you.
OCE_Debbie
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Philipwhite

I have switched off the WIFI optimisation, please let us know how the connection compares following this.

Thanks

Debbie