Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

WiFi extender setup driving me crazy

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Chatterbox

I bought two WiFi extender kits, and have had difficulty getting them set up.  For a week or so one pair was just about communicating, but today when I decided to try connecting the second receiver I lost all communication between the units. Have tried re-pairing and setting up again.  The units were plugged into adjacent sockets, but the powerline light never lights up, and all attempts to pair fail.  The set up was taking place within 3 feet of the Super Router.  Followed instructions on the help page, but none of the web addresses for the receiving units are valid, and the QR codes don’t work either.  That means I cannot attempt to go into the address settings etc.    Any ideas please??  Anyone from Talktalk out there who can assist with £50 worth of unusable technology?   

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Applesandpears,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with your extenders 

Just to confirm, have you checked out the troubleshooting guide in this help article - Wi-Fi extender kit guide?

Chris

Highlighted
Chatterbox

@OCE_Chris   Thank you for replying. I confirm that I have tried the advice in that article, and in the instructions booklet.  The holding of buttons to pair the units has had no effect.  I was not able to access the web address on the back of the receiving units http://dlinkap etc etc to investigate any more advanced settings because those addresses are invalid.   One pair has worked, albeit with a red light on the powerline led which seems to indicate weak connection, but they will not work now.  The units are all still in new condition.  No drops, bumps , etc.   The house is quite large and old, hence the WiFi dead spots, but was fully and professionally re-wired in the last 5 years, so I am certain that all wiring is of modern standards.    Hopefully you can help.....

Highlighted

Hi Applesandpears,

Thanks for information. Where did you get the wi-fi extenders, the TalkTalk store?

Chris

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Yes, purchased them when they were on special offer.  Two sets, was hoping one sender would talk to both receiving units at once, as no twin kits were available.  

Highlighted

OK thanks. I'd suggest if you've tried the troubleshooting advice and they still appear to be faulty to follow the TalkTalk Store returns procedure, apologies for any inconvenience

Chris 

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Ok, I’ve spoken to the returns guys and arranged to send them back. Shame they didn’t work as expected, will think of another plan....  thank you for attending to my query. Have a nice weekend.

Highlighted

OK, thanks for letting me know, have a great weekend 🙂

Chris