Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

WiFi hub: connection cutting out every few minutes

41 REPLIES 41
Highlighted
Team Player

Our connection is cutting out every few minutes. A red light appears on the wifi hub, which turns back to white when reconnected.

This has been reported to TalkTalk twice this week; both times they stated that an OpenReach engineer resolved the problem. We have not had a visit from an engineer.

We are struggling to work from home with unreliable wifi, and are having to tether the laptop to a mobile 4G connection which is far from ideal.

Any advice much appreciated.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi racheldoran

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see some re connections on the line.

Have you tested with a different router at the test socket? The next step following this will be to arrange an Openreach engineer visit to the property.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Debbie 

Thanks for your reply.

We don't have a different router to try, and actually the issues have worsened since receiving the Wifi Hub about a month ago.

Is it worth trying a replacement router, and could you arrange this please alongside an engineer visit? 

Just to mention again that I've had two SMS messages this week stating that an engineer has visited to resolve this issue, but this hasn't happened.

Many thanks

Rachel

Highlighted

Hi Rachel

I have ordered you a different make and model of router to test with first, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

If you do experience the same issue then we can look to arrange an engineer visit. Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

@OCE_Debbie thank you for the router which arrived very quickly.

The connection is much better than with the previous router, but is still cutting out a few times a day.

Please advise on next steps.

Many thanks

Rachel

Highlighted

Hi Rachel

Thanks for your reply.

I've checked the connection stats again today and a line fault has now been detected.

I have escalated this over to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer and we should receive further updates within the next 48hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player
Thank you Debbie, please keep me updated.

Rachel
Highlighted

Hi Rachel

I will check this again tomorrow morning for any further updates from Openreach.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted

Hi Rachel

This fault is still under investigation with a line engineer, no further updates have been provided at the moment.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Debbie

Can I please have an update? Will OpenReach be sending an engineer?

Thanks 

Rachel 

Highlighted

Hi racheldoran,

Looks as though engineer investigated yesterday, did anyone contact you?

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Chris

No, I didn't hear from anyone yesterday. We hadn't been informed of any appointment.

What was the outcome of the investigation?

Many thanks 

Rachel 

Highlighted

Hi Rachel,

The engineer was arranged to carry out investigation on the line which they completed and couldn't find a fault but now need to access top of pole which they couldn't at the time, so still appears to be in hand with Openreach. Can you bump the thread again in the morning and I'll check for further information

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Chris

Bumping as requested. 

Thanks 

Rachel 

Highlighted

Hi Rachel,

Thanks for the bump. There are no further updates yet but I'll check again later

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

Thanks @OCE_Chris. Is it possible to chase OpenReach please? The connection has dropped twice this morning and we'd really like to have this resolved.

Many thanks 

Rachel 

Highlighted
Team Player

Bumping for an update. 

Thanks

Rachel 

Highlighted

Hi

Last update from openreach was that this is part of a batch fault, so a number of circuits / lines are affected.

No eta has been given as yet.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi, 

I have received 2 emails from Talktalk today - one to say I need to call and book an engineer appointment, and one to say that an engineer has been and resolved the issue. To my knowledge nobody has visited. 

Which email is correct?

Thanks 

Rachel 

Highlighted

Hi

Further investigation was required by openreach so they requested an appointment. Because the appointment was not confirmed within 72hrs, the fault then closed, so both emails are correct, so to progress this, an appointment does need to be made.

what days are best for an appointment.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE