We have just got the wifi hub and got it all up and running and seemed to be fine. Then we noticed issues with my wife's iPad air. She couldn't get on websites or stream from Netflix, Amazon, Itv or anyone else more than once before it just wouldn't connect. Also my Galaxy Tab 2 started to have problems. To get a website to load I had to refresh the page every time. We had the same problems with a TP-LINK router that I bought after it had been fine for almost a year and a half. It started playing up around April time. We switched back to the Super router then and all worked fine once I set another router up as an access point.
The WiFi hub seems to have the same problems as the Tp-link router and we have tried changing every setting under the sun that I could but still the same problems. But if I change the DNS server on the WiFi hub to Google's it works perfectly fine so all I can think is its its an issue with the talk talk server. Please help as it doesn't seem to recognise that the WiFi hub is a talk talk product. We have gone back to the HG633 setup I sorted before for now.
We have many thousands of WI Fi hub in use at the moment and have seen no other reports of this type of issue, so this may be limited to your hub.
Have you tried factory resetting the hub to see if this improved the performance.
Ady has passed this over to our devices teams to look into, but if this also happened on your old TP link then I don't think it would be device related so could be some sort of network issue, but difficult to pin down.
Is the router using the new DNS server settings 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52
Have you tried switching the router off for at least 30 minutes (I know you've switched routers but if you're not sure if you had no router connected for at least 30 minutes, it may be worth trying this)
Hi. I decided to unplug everything over night so we had no router on and I even unplugged the cable from the master socket. I plugged the Wifi hub in this morning and all seemed fine this morning. I did a factory reset. Not only did we have the same problems as before our SkyQ box kept having issues. I had to keep refreshing the menus on that and it kept saying it couldn't connect. Have now gone back to our old set-up of the HG633 but using a TP-LINK router as an access point so we have a good Wifi coverage. It's got to be something at talk talks server end that's just not talking to its own Wifi hub properly let along any third party router's. As I mentioned before we are having the same problems we started having at the end of April, beginning of May when we were using a Tp-link router that worked perfectly for a year and a half. Untill that point. Got that replaced for a new model as we thought it had broken. Still the same. Went back to using the HG633 and the TP-LINK router as an access point which works well just not ideal having to use two router's because the WiFi is so weak. Thought the Hub would sort all that out but can't use it as it has the same connection issues as the Tp-link did and still does if we try.
Please help sort this out as I have tried everything possible my end.
Hi. It seems to also effect our PC that is connected via ethernet cable. If trying to look at webpages, any at all, we have to refresh the page each time as it hangs when loading. Doesn't do this using the HG633 so as I've said before, it seems as if the server doesn't like talking to WiFi hub. It's got to be down to some settings or something Talk Talk changed around the end of April beginning of May as that's when we got the same problems with the TP link router that we had used without a problem before then.
Thanks for the additional info. I don't think we received an update back from our Products Team so I've arranged to discuss this with them later on today. I'll let you know once I have more info/feedback 🙂