Did you mean: 
Need help?

WiFi hub connection issues.

72 REPLIES 72
Highlighted
MrMurtel
Conversation Starter

Help.

We have just got the wifi hub and got it all up and running and seemed to be fine. Then we noticed issues with my wife's iPad air. She couldn't get on websites or stream from Netflix, Amazon, Itv or anyone else more than once before it just wouldn't connect. Also my Galaxy Tab 2 started to have problems. To get a website to load I had to refresh the page every time. We had the same problems with a TP-LINK router that I bought after it had been fine for almost a year and a half. It started playing up around April time. We switched back to the Super router then and all worked fine once I set another router up as an access point. 

The WiFi hub seems to have the same problems as the Tp-link router and we have tried changing every setting under the sun that I could but still the same problems. But if I change the DNS server on the WiFi hub to Google's it works perfectly fine so all I can think is its its an issue with the talk talk server. Please help as it doesn't seem to recognise that the WiFi hub is a talk talk product. We have gone back to the HG633 setup I sorted before for now.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi MrMurtel, I've passed your comments onto the product manager for the WIFI hub. I'll post back as soon as I get a reply for you. 

Highlighted
MrMurtel
Conversation Starter

Thank you so much.

Highlighted
MrMurtel
Conversation Starter
I take it there has been no reply to any sort of solution? I'd be surprised if no one else has had similar problems. I'm pulling my hair out trying to find a solution.
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

We have many thousands of WI Fi hub in use at the moment and have seen no other reports of this type of issue, so this may be limited to your hub.

Have you tried factory resetting the hub to see if this improved the performance.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
MrMurtel
Conversation Starter
Unfortunately it's not just the new WiFi hub. We had been using a Tp-link router for a year and a half untill around April then all of a sudden we had these problems. We got a refund on that router and I went back to the HG633 but that on itself is so weak on the wifi I went and got a new Tp-link router but that had the same issues as the old one. In the end I have set that up as access point so we can get a good WiFi connection. As I said, it's either a server problem or something that changed at Talk talks end around Apri or Mayl as we had no problem till then. If I change the DNS server to Google's own on the hub then it worked fine then but I shouldn't have to do this. Oh, I have factory reset the hub twice. Changed WiFi channels and renamed the network so there's no clashing between the 2.4 and 5hz bands. I've even tried putting the device in the DMZ and turning off the virus and scam protection but it makes no difference. Please help. I do believe the product manager for the hub has been contacted and am awaiting some sort of reply or solution. It seems like my account settings need to know I'm using the hub so the hub and server talk to each other properly.
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

Ady has passed this over to our devices teams to look into, but if this also happened on your old TP link then I don't think it would be device related so could be some sort of network issue, but difficult to pin down.

Is the router using the new DNS server settings 79.79.79.79  and 79.79.79.80

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
MrMurtel
Conversation Starter
Hi. It was indeed.
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi MrMurtel,

Just to confirm, you don't experience the issue with the HG633?

Chris

Highlighted
MrMurtel
Conversation Starter
That's correct. We use the Tp-link router as an access point to boost the WiFi signal with the HG633, it all works fine that way. Obviously, I was hoping with the WiFi hub it would mean no need for the extra access point.
Highlighted
Community Team

Have you tried switching the router off for at least 30 minutes (I know you've switched routers but if you're not sure if you had no router connected for at least 30 minutes, it may be worth trying this)

Chris

Highlighted
MrMurtel
Conversation Starter

I can't remember if I have or haven't to be honest. We go away soon so to be honest I can have it unplugged for over a week then try the WiFi hub when we get back.

Highlighted
Community Team

Yes. that should work if it's OK with you 🙂

Chris

Highlighted
MrMurtel
Conversation Starter

Sure, I'll bump the thread again in a few weeks to let you know what's happening if anything.

Highlighted
Community Team
Highlighted
MrMurtel
Conversation Starter

Hi. I decided to unplug everything over night so we had no router on and I even unplugged the cable from the master socket. I plugged the Wifi hub in this morning and all seemed fine this morning. I did a factory reset. Not only did we have the same problems as before our SkyQ box kept having issues. I had to keep refreshing the menus on that and it kept saying it couldn't connect. Have now gone back to our old set-up of the HG633 but using a TP-LINK router as an access point so we have a good Wifi coverage. It's got to be something at talk talks server end that's just not talking to its own Wifi hub properly let along any third party router's. As I mentioned before we are having the same problems we started having at the end of April, beginning of May when we were using a Tp-link router that worked perfectly for a year and a half. Untill that point. Got that replaced for a new model as we thought it had broken. Still the same. Went back to using the HG633 and the TP-LINK router as an access point which works well just not ideal having to use two router's because the WiFi is so weak. Thought the Hub would sort all that out but can't use it as it has the same connection issues as the Tp-link did and still does if we try. 

Please help sort this out as I have tried everything possible my end.

Highlighted
MrMurtel
Conversation Starter
No ideas yet then?
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi MrMurtel

Apologies for the delay.

Are wired connections also affected or is this just wireless?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
MrMurtel
Conversation Starter

Hi. It seems to also effect our PC that is connected via ethernet cable. If trying to look at webpages, any at all, we have to refresh the page each time as it hangs when loading. Doesn't do this using the HG633 so as I've said before, it seems as if the server doesn't like talking to WiFi hub. It's got to be down to some settings or something Talk Talk changed around the end of April beginning of May as that's when we got the same problems with the TP link router that we had used without a problem before then.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi MrMurtel,

Thanks for the additional info. I don't think we received an update back from our Products Team so I've arranged to discuss this with them later on today. I'll let you know once I have more info/feedback 🙂

Thanks