Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

WiFi hub connection issues.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi MrMurtel,

I'm sorry for the delay. We now have an update that we can test to see how the connection compares. Would you like to test this for us? If it does work then we may have to roll this back until it has completed full testing, however it will let us know if this does resolve the issue with slow web pages or not.

If you would like to test this for us then could you connect the wifi hub on Monday and then post an update on your thread to let us know. We can then update this to see how the connection compares.

Thanks

Highlighted
MrMurtel
Conversation Starter

Hi. I won't be able to test it Monday as I will be at work and I'm not willing to leave my Wife and kids without a connection if it hasn't worked. The earliest I can do will be Thursday. I'll be able to test all devices and connection types over the Thursday and Friday and let you know how it goes.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi MrMurtel

Please can you post back on this thread on Thursday and we can check the results of the testing of this update (we wont update your firmware)

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
MrMurtel
Conversation Starter

Hi.

I will do indeed.

Highlighted
MrMurtel
Conversation Starter

Hi, just wanted to say we have the WiFi hub connected again. Is there anything else I need to do apart from see how it performs during the day?

Highlighted
MrMurtel
Conversation Starter
So far it's all the same as before. Can't watch Netflix, Amazon, ITV, BBC or any other streaming service on my wife's iPad Air which is fine on the HG633. Also, other devices whether WiFi or Ethernet connected, webpages having to be refreshed to load or slow to load.
Highlighted
MrMurtel
Conversation Starter

Still the same. No change. Still unusable. 

Highlighted
MrMurtel
Conversation Starter

I'm going to go back to the HG633 and a TP-LINK router as an access point as it's just the same unusable connection with the WiFi hub. I'm regretting re-signing back up to talk talk now. 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi MrMurtel,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We didn't get a chance to update this for you on Thursday, apologies for this. Would you still like to try the update or would you prefer to keep using the alternative router?

Thanks

Highlighted
MrMurtel
Conversation Starter

Hi, I would like to try still as it's a much better router if it's gonna work properly. I'm home today so can set it up again. 

Highlighted
MrMurtel
Conversation Starter

Or I can leave it till Monday and have it plugged in and ready by 09:15.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi MrMurtel

Please can you set the router up before 2PM today and we can update the router firmware. Alternatively if you would prefer to do this on Monday this will also be fine.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
MrMurtel
Conversation Starter

Okay, I will have it ready in 10 minutes.

Highlighted
MrMurtel
Conversation Starter

It's ready to go. I'm hoping whatever you try will be done my 4 at the latest.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi MrMurtel

Thank you 🙂

This has now been updated, could you let us know how the connection compares.

If you do experience any further issues then please can you revert back to your other router and let us know.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
MrMurtel
Conversation Starter

Hi. The WiFi hub is now better than it was. It's not perfect though. Streaming wise on the iPad we no longer have to renew the IP everytime we want to watch something. Now if wanting to play something after what we are watching has finished it won't do it straight away as it says we have no connection but if we refresh or try again (app depending) it seems to work so much better than before. We will check things on all other devices over the weekend and see what, if anything, we find.

Highlighted
MrMurtel
Conversation Starter

Hi, we have kept the WiFi hub going now over the weekend. It's about 50% better than it was. Still having streaming issues when using an iPad. Other devices whether wireless or ethernet cable connected, still having issues with webpage loading times and having to refresh webpages every now and then to get them to load. They just hang otherwise. 

Still not right but useable for now. Just needs a bit more tweaking to get it 100% or near enough.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi MrMurtel 

Thanks for testing this. I've passed your feedback to our Products Team and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Debbie

Highlighted
MrMurtel
Conversation Starter

Hi, thanks.

I do have one request. Is it possible to turn off the scam protection (with safe search) so I can rule this out as whether it is part of the problem. We have other security software that does just as good a job.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi MrMurtel,

You can switch off scam protection in My Account 

Chris