Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

WiFi hub connection issues.

Highlighted
MrMurtel
Conversation Starter

It says I have to phone to get it switched off. There is no option to do it in my account, hence why I asked you to do it please. 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi MrMurtel, I can turn it off for you. I've sent you a Private Message once I've had your reply I can check security and all being well it will be turned off moments later. 

Highlighted
MrMurtel
Conversation Starter

Hi. Just wanted to say thanks so far but I have unplugged the WiFi hub and gone back to my old setup as we were still getting lots of problems. Even this site wouldn't load unless I refreshed the page everytime and that was using wired and wireless devices. The devices are iMac, pc, Android, Xbox one, iPad and even trouble watching on our Roku. As I've kept saying over and over, it's got to be a server issue as it's the same problems we started having for no reason in April. We had been happily using a third-party router for years (tp-link) without any problems untill around April. Back to using the HG633 and using the tp-link as an access point.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi MrMurtel,

Thanks for the information, this is still with our product team, we'll let you know when we have any further information, apologies for any inconvenience

Chris

Highlighted
MrMurtel
Conversation Starter

Hi. I was wondering if there was any news on this yet. I also was wondering if it was anything to with the connection type? Is the IPv6 connection running and could the hub be getting confused between running on IPv4 and the IPv6? I have read that there can be issues with connection loss and slowness if a router is trying to connect to the wrong type. Would setting the router to run on both (if talk talk has IPv6 running) makeca difference?

As I have said so many times everything was fine till around April/May time this year then all of a sudden we had problems with our TPlink router that we had been using sincecwe joined talk talk. No problems with the HG633 apart from the rubish wifi performance hence we we got the TPlink router. Then we get the NEW WiFi hub and it has the same issues as the TPlink so its boxed up and can't be used. Someone must have an idea why this?

Becoming a bit of a joke now that I am having to use the Tplink as an access point just so we have a good and stable WiFi connection.

Highlighted
clemenzina
Team Player
I know this won't solve anything for you, MrMurtle, but I don't know if you've noticed my earlier response when I flagged that my TP-Link Archer C7 was gravely wounded in April/May by the notorious Windows10 1803 update. This nearly caused me a nervous breakdown, I spent so many hours following advice on the net and only partially got solutions. Months later, it was the purchase of the TalkTalk Wifi Hub that solved my problem.

Have you checked with TP-Link for a sure-fire remedy for your router, now that they've had a long time to fix it? That may be the way to go if TT can't help further with their Hub.

You've been a hero, with all that swapping around!
Online bird-cam fanatic.
Highlighted
MrMurtel
Conversation Starter

Do we know of any solutions yet or do I look at going to another service provider as the equipment supplied can't handle the job because of something talk talk has done? The wifi hub is boxed up and in a cupboard as it has the same problems as the two tplink routers we have tried (one of which worked perfectly till April/May time but something changed so got a new one and it had the same problems straight away).

The Hg633 that we are having to put up with works fine as long as I have another router set up as an access point so we can use the WiFi in the house without losing signal or it dropping out for no reason.

I seemed to have been forgotten about by Talk Talk and I find this highly unacceptable.

Highlighted
MrMurtel
Conversation Starter

Six months has gone by now and no solutions or anything from talk talk. 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi MrMurtel,

I'm really sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Our investigation is still ongoing. At present we still haven't been able to replicate the slow web pages issue ourselves and not everybody seems to be affected by this particular issue so we are still investigating to try and replicate/get to the bottom of this issue.

There is new firmware coming soon for the wifi hub but we have no timescales as yet. Once this is available then we can retest this again to see how the connection compares.

Thanks

Highlighted
MrMurtel
Conversation Starter

Almost 2 more months have passed and still no updates as to what's going on. I have read that a new firmware has been released but it seems to cause more problems than fix. 

I did apply for the new router trials but didn't get in. I'm guessing the new router is being tested as the WiFi hub is so bad.

This has been going on for over 6 months now. This is so not acceptable really. It's bad service and products supplied are unfit for purpose.

I believe I have grounds for leaving Talk talk without penalty.

Please advise me of my options as I want to take this further.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi MrMurtel 

I can raise a complaint so this can be discussed further with a Complaints Manager, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
MrMurtel
Conversation Starter

I think so as this has been going on for so long now. We had great connection using our TP link router untill we re-contracted in April last year. Had to bacteria to the hg633 which has so many issues so having to use another router as an access point so it works. Then done the contract again ( as told to by talk talk) to get the WiFi hub. Can't use that as it has the same problems as our TP link router has had since April. It's just getting a joke now.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi MrMurtel 

I've raised this complaint to our CEO's Office and a Complaints Manager will contact you to discuss this as soon as possible.

Thanks

Debbie