would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

WiFi hub firmware updates?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
smilerjulian
Chatterbox

I've had the lates TT wifi hub for a few months now.  Good performance and service.  Thanks.  But I was wondering how I check if I have the latest firmware update?  I am currently on Firmware Version: SG4K10001E00t

The reason for asking is recently, wifi connected devices have been dropping.  Everyday I have to re-attach my HP Officejet 7612 printer.  And when listening to Spotify on Sonos, there is stutter or the music just stops for a few seconds and starts again.

Is this a firmware issue or any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Julian
KeithFrench
Community Star

There is a potential newer version of firmware, but I am not sure if it is on general release yet. I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and they will confirm its status.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team

Hi smilerjulian,

This is currently the latest version of firmware for the wifi hub. In regards to the printer/sonus issue, how recently did this start to happen?

Thanks

davecm
Conversation Starter

Are the devices which lose their connection on the same band, 2.4 or 5GHz? Do all the devices on that band lose their connection at the same time?

I had 2 of these hubs, both faulty, which lost all wi-fi on the 5GHz band. After switching off and leaving for a while they would work again. Others on this forum have had the same issue on the 2.4GHz band.

To test for that possibility, you would need to give each of the bands a separate SSID (network name) in the router settings. Then with a dual band capable device you should be able to see both SSIDs in the list of available wi-fi networks. If you can only see one of them, then the router is only working on one band and may need replacing.

Windows, Android, Synology NAS
TomaszK
First Timer

Hello TT,

I am wondering when the new firmware will allow to block specific devices (IP or MAC) as same as previous router HG633.

Thanks

Tom