Hi,

Can someone update my firmwsfi I'm still on 

SG4k10001400t,

After over 12 months

KeithFrench
Community Star

I will ask the OCEs to do this for you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

OCE_Debbie
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi andywil

I'm unable to connect to your router, please can you factory reset the router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds? I can then try this again.

Thanks

Debbie

andywil
Team Player

hi Debbie,

Can I save all my settings reapply them after update.

I have a lot of port forwarding and blocked potential hackers IP address loaded.

OCE_Chris

Hi Andy,

Could you just try switching the router off for 30 minutes, then switch back on and lel us know when you've done this, I'll then have another go at updating your firmware

Chris

andywil
Team Player

Seems to have updated a couple of nights ago.

Firmware still as bad.

Setting names for up address only lasts a short time.

Logs still not useable because no way to search them, or go to a date or even delete them.

Why do talktTal always have to rewrite the manufacturer's firmware and produce a mess due to poor programming and lack of any insight into useability.

OCE_Debbie

Hi andywil

Are you still experiencing the same issues with the new updated firmware?

Thanks

Debbie

andywil
Team Player

Yes,

Now on SG4K10002600t

OCE_Debbie

Hi andywil

Our Products Team have advised that the friendly names should stay until the router is rebooted, this is a known issue and should be resolved in the next firmware release.

Logs are also not searchable, you go through them one page at a time.

Thanks

Debbie

andywil
Team Player

This is my whole point. I'm sure that the manufacturer's furmware works for all functions so why do talTalkt

andywil
Team Player

This is my point, why do you not use the manufacturer's firnfirm which has been built to operate the router.

I understand you can scroll through the logs a page at a time but I now have 1300 pages in the logs which makes it impossible the scroll through and even if you could the size of the logs means it takes forever to load.

I can understand that you may want to brand the firmware but this should not mean that you remove any useability from it by trying to rewrite it.

OCE_Debbie

Hi andywil

I will pass on your comments to our Products Team.

Thanks

Debbie