would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

WiFi hub keeps dropping speed

27 REPLIES 27
Highlighted
Team Player

Two weeks ago I received the new wi fi hub 

but at the weekend I started  experiencing speed issues I rang the technical support team and they did a line check and said there was an external fault and they couldn’t fix it until till Monday after receiving a text message on Monday  to say that the fault had been rectified I checked the speed and  all  was good again until that evening once again the tv was buffering and download speed was dramatically decreased and so was the upload speed I contacted technical support and they reset the router and once again my speed was back to normal, Everything  worked fine until Tuesday evening I rang tech support again and they arranged for an engineer to come out for today ,the engineer was a great help and he did a thorough test of my line and picked up on a external fault which he fixed and my speed was back to normal and remained  the same until this evening ,my telly started buffering again and the speed issue was back but unfortunately customer service was closed so I decided to reset the router and within minutes my speed  was back to normal,so at the moment I’m more inclined to think the issue lies with the router rather than the phone line, Is there anybody else having similar issues with the  new WiFi hub 

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Sads, welcome to the community your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear during the day, in the meantime please check your community profile and add your landline phone number if necessary it is used to identify your account.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi sads007

I've updated the firmware of your router to a later version.

Can you see if this is a little better.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Team Player

Thanks Karl I will keep an eye on it and let you know if it resolves the issue 

Highlighted

No Problem 🙂

The updated firmware will also allow us to collect some data from the router about the connection performance.

Thanks 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Team Player

HI Karl

I haven't had any issues until this evening around 5.30pm when it started to drop the connection speed to 28mbps but the upload speed is down to 2.17mbps,If I use more than one  device it seems to drop out completely 

Highlighted

Hi

Which device were you using at the time that showed the reduction in speed.  also, where other devices in use ?

Also, did the speeds remain low for the evening or pick back up.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Team Player

I was using amazon prime on the tv and the laptop was also connected at the time, the WiFi hub dropped the connection and speed didn’t increase all evening I did the speed test on my phone and used the talk talk website ,I rebooted the router this morning as the download speed and upload speed were very low it didn’t make a difference though and WiFi hub is still dropping the connection 

Highlighted

Hi

I'm seeing some drops from here and the data over the last day or two also confirms this.

The fibre test has also failed and is picking up a possible issue on the copper joint.

I've passed this to networks to see if they can have Openreach take a look.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Team Player

Thank you Karl really appreciate it 👍🏻

Highlighted

Hi sads007

This was logged out for a Non Appointed engineer - Non appointed means the engineer will be dispatched to look at the line without requiring an appointment be made with you to visit your property.  

With the Bank Holiday weekend, I would not expect any updates until tomorrow.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Team Player

Thats great I will let you know how I get on thanks 

Highlighted

Hi sads007 

I've requested an update on this fault and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted

Hi sads007 

BT Openreach have advised that an engineer should be investigating this fault today.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

That’s great thank you 

Highlighted

Hi sads007

No problem, hopefully we will have further information by the end of today.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

The engineer has been here nearly all day working inside and out at the time he left the upload and the download speed had increased to the correct speed, then the router dropped the connection after he left and the upload speed and the download speed is back to being slow again 

Highlighted

Hi sads007

Apologies for the delay.

Has the speed increased since your last post?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Unfortunately not it’s even slower this morning  down to single figures hardly any upload speed whatsoever  

Highlighted

Hi sads007

Apologies for this.

I've escalated this back over to our Network Team and I will post back on this thread as soon as we receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie