Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Wifi Disabled on new router

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hello, after about 3 months of fault free fibre, the wifi has suddenly stopped working. Wired works fine, but the router is no longer discorable as a wireless network. I have connected to the router wiredn(192.68.1.1) and it says the wifi is 'disabled'. I have tried a factory reset without any success. Reading through the forum it looks like i have a router from a faulty batch. Please see the screen shots below.

Can you please advise ASAP.

Many Thanks

Jonny

Capture3.JPGCapture.JPGCapture1.JPG

Highlighted
Community Star
Hi Jonny, did you try to click on the button at the bottom of the my WiFi section. It should take you to series of options where you can enable WiFi. Good luck
I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Chatterbox

Hi, Thank you for replying.

If I hit the 'See Wifi Settings' I get to the screen shown below. If I toggle the enable/disable wifi button, it still shows wifi disabled. My symptons look identical to those discussed here https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/Wifi-Disabled/td-p/2214049 which ended up being a faulty router. Can anyone confirm this and advise how to get a new one?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @jonnyt17uk

As @Divsec suggested have you tried clicking on the WI-FI button and when in the settings section go to "MANAGE ADVANCED SETTINGS".

From there click on the cog symbol on each of the WI-FI channels and add 2.4 then 5.0 after each respectively or totally rename them in the SSID boxes, personally I have changed mine to TT 2-4 and TT 5-0. This will separate the channels and see if both are disabled or just one. This will also help you to identify which is giving the best signal on your wireless devices.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Highlighted
Chatterbox

I'm still getting status 'down' for each. When searching for the network on my phone tec, the network is notfound on the list. 

Capture5.JPGCapture6.JPG

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @jonnyt17uk

This has been escalated for OCE support by @Divsec for you. They will reply on here.

I think that it is a defective router as you have tried a Factory Reset and disconnecting from the power for 30 mins to clear the session.

IMPORTANT

Could you please ensure that your community profile includes your PHONE NUMBER as OCE's will need this to tie up your screen name to your account. (click on your avatar to view the information > Settings > Launch Profile Wizard,put your phone number in box, then scroll to the bottom of page and click save)

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thankyou Freddie. I appreciate your help.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi jonnyt17uk 

Apologies for the delay.

I can send a replacement router, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chatterbox
Yes if you could send a replacement router that would be great. Can you please let me know when it has been dispatched. Thank you. Jonny
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi jonnyt17uk

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
First Timer

My wifi is disabled and reboots and clicking button will not re enable running

TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub 
version SG4K10001E00t

need this fixed else I will move to another vendor. The call center keeps telling me to call back.