would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Wifi Hub 2.4ghz band resetting itself

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
terrykc
Popular Poster

My wifi hub is getting intereference on 2.4ghz and it will drop all devices, 5ghz continues to work fine. It's resolved by me changing the 2.4ghz band but the hub keeps resetting itself back randomly to band 1 without me changing anything or rebooting.

Why does the hub keep changing the 2.4ghz band back to 1 and how can I save the new band permanently.

Highlighted
KeithFrench
Community Star

Have you set the hub to use a dedicated 2.4GHz channel, or is it still on Auto?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
terrykc
Popular Poster

I've tried fixing it to various dedicated 2.4ghz channels which I know are clear from a wifi scanner. It works fine until the hub decides to reset itself back to channel 1.

Highlighted
terrykc
Popular Poster

Setting it to Auto defaults to Channel 1 which is congested.

Highlighted
KeithFrench
Community Star

I need to ask TalkTalk if a setting has been applied to your line or not. I'll get back to you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi terrykc

Just to confirm, which channel number is showing at present?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
terrykc
Popular Poster

It's showing channel 9 in the 2.4ghz advanced page basic tab (I changed it to 9 this morning), but channel 1 in the dashboard\wifi settings page.

An actual scan shows its on ch9.

Highlighted
KeithFrench
Community Star

If that is all the problem is, then that is a bug in the firmware that I can replicate on my hub.

I'll flag it up to the developers today.

Keith

Highlighted
KeithFrench
Community Star

I have changed my mind on that, I looked at the wrong bit. Please can you give me a screenshot of where it says channel 1?

BTW nothing to with the behaviour you are seeing, but on the 2.4GHz band, you should only ever use channels 1, 6 or 11 as they are the only non-overlapping channels. You, therefore, should not use channel 9.

Keith

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi terrykc

Thanks for your reply.

I can also see that it's on channel 9. 

Debbie

Highlighted
terrykc
Popular Poster

The prolem isn't thats its displaying the wrong channel on the page, I've set it to 9 and it is working on 9 (will try 11 as suggested). The issue is that regardless of what I set it to, it will reset itself back to 1 randomly (maybe overnight).

Here's the screenshots

wifihub1.PNGwifihub2.PNG

Highlighted
terrykc
Popular Poster

Sorry, my bad, thats the band, not the channel.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi terrykc

I can send a replacement router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
terrykc
Popular Poster

Hi Debbie,

That would be good if you can, would it be another Huawei wifi hub or the Sagecom?

Highlighted
KeithFrench
Community Star

In your two screenshots, the router is set to channel 9 in the bottom one. The top screenshot does not display the channel numbers at all. The only numeric display there is the number of connected devices.

Keith

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi terrykc

This would be the Sagemcom Wifi Hub, will this be ok?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
terrykc
Popular Poster

Hi Debbie,

Yes, thats ok, what info do you need from me?

Highlighted
terrykc
Popular Poster
Hi Keith,

Yes, I got confused with the channel and the band, so it is displaying correctly. The only issue is the hub resetting the channel to 1 when I change it to anything else.
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi terrykc

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
terrykc
Popular Poster
Thanks Debbie