would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Wifi Hub firmware update

ANSWERED
22 REPLIES 22
DonMac
Participant

I received my new wifi hub this morning so I'm in the process of setting it up.

It is currently on the SG4K10001400t firmware, I understand that the current version is 1e00t.

Is there any way of forcing the router to update?

(my "go live" date with Talktalk is still a couple of days away, I have the Wifi hub connected to the internet via an Ethernet cable from my old router into the WAN socket - I'm connected to the Wifi hub as I type, so I know that it's working)

Regards

Don
KeithFrench
Community Star

It will never update until you have gone live as a TalkTalk customer, on a TalkTalk line, not the one you are on currently.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

DonMac
Participant
OK, thanks.

Is there a way of forcing the update after the change - or is patience the only way?
Regards

Don
KeithFrench
Community Star
Solution

Once you are up & running on TalkTalk, reboot the router & if it does not pick this firmware up then, let me know & I will get the OCEs to manually upgrade it for you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.

zofbtb
Conversation Starter
I got the update - it adds IP reservation on MAC address but forgets (some) friendly names for devices when rebooted.
DonMac
Participant

From what I've seen the version I have forgets the friendly names too.

I know that plenty of people have already asked for it, but I will happily add my name to a petition for some proper device access management features in the software. It's a large omission for something that is marketed at family users.

Regards

Don
zofbtb
Conversation Starter
That and a Guest (isolated) SSID
KeithFrench
Community Star

Most of these and a lot of other bugs I passed across to the developers when I first tested it, so there is nothing to be gained by requesting them again. Access management is waiting for potential improvements to HomeSafe. This does make sense because it would control access from not just wi-fi devices, but wired as well. Being in the cloud, it does not matter what router is used.

Keith

OrangeBucket
Conversation Starter

I had my hub updated a couple of weeks back and it is now on SG4K10002600t, so 1e00t is not actually the latest.

2600t features/bugs include the home icon no longer doing anything, the long term 'friendly names' bug where names tend to only last a few days at most and never past a reboot, and somewhat unpredictable device type icons which disappear as the names do but can also suddenly reappear. Something is also odd with the logs as mine start with 28th February followed by 16th March, as if they've been sorted incorrectly.

KeithFrench
Community Star

1E00t is the latest firmware on general release. Firmware 2600 is a trial.

Keith

zebidee88
Enlightened One

One good thing about 1E00T is that when you turn off the floodlight on the front it stays off. 

DonMac
Participant

Hi Keith, I've connected and rebooted - no update.

Could you contact the OCEs for me please?

Regards

Don
KeithFrench
Community Star

Consider it done.

Keith

zofbtb
Conversation Starter
Are there release note for firmware?

Does 2600 fix the DHCP pool start IP not bring able to be changed? (Gives "invalid IP address")
Community Team

Hi DonMac

Apologies for the delay.

I have updated your router firmware.

Thanks

Debbie

DonMac
Participant

Ah, that was why it rebooted...!

OK, I'm on version SG4K10002600t now.

Thanks folks.

Regards

Don
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi DonMac

No problem 🙂

Thanks

Debbie

IM35461
Chatterbox

Hi,

Could you check my one it is on SG4K10001400t but is only been live two nights.

This morning half my 2G wifi devices stopped working and later the box rebooted itself and it seemed to fix that issue.

I tried a restart from the GUI but still SG4K10001400t

DHCP Reservation would also be useful.

Community Team

Hi IM35461,

Welcome to the Community

if you need assistance can you please start your own thread and can you update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Chris

IM35461
Chatterbox

Profile details updated for forum account.

Confused why you need a different login for your support forum versus ones talktalk account.