Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Wifi Hub firmware update

4 REPLIES 4
David_A
Team Player

My Wifi Hub has firmware 1400t.  Please will you update it to the latest release?

Please also tell me how to allocate a reserved (i.e. static) IP address.

Thanks

KeithFrench
Community Star

I will get an OCE to do the upgrade for you.

To reserve the address that a device currently has, go to:-

Dashboard > Manage my devices > Manage advanced settings

Click on the Reserve Address button.

To allocate a different IP address to the device, it is necessary to go into the main DHCP configuration at:-

Dashboard > Manage my devices > Manage Advanced Settings > TalkTalk Wi-Fi hub > DHCP

Then click the Add Reserved Address button, select the device’s friendly name if configured & set the address you want to use.

The device will still be using its old IP address at this point, to use the new address disconnect the device from the hub & reconnect it. It does take a couple of minutes to update in the Hub’s Device management page, but check the address on the device itself & this should have updated now.

Note: Windows PCs use a Preferred IP address, which can be difficult to get it to take up the new IP address if the old one is still available. One way to get around this is to disconnect that PC & then connect another device, in the hope that it will use the PC's old Preferred address.

An error message will be received if the new address is already in use. If nothing is using that address any more, but it still comes up with this error, give it about five minutes & it should be available again.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team

Hi David_A

Apologies for the delay.

I can see that your router firmware has updated to version 2600t.

Thanks

Debbie

David_A
Team Player

Thank you both for your replies.

Best regards

David

Community Team

Hi David

No problem, please let us know if there is anything else that we can help with.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂