cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Wifi Hub not recognised by service status checker and only 542 kbps upload sync speed.

46 REPLIES 46
gudgulf
Team Player

Hi there,

I've just upgraded to Faster Fibre from Taltalks adsl broadband (go live date 13.6.19) and am not getting the expected result.

I was getting a stabe 9 Mb/s download and 1 Mb/s upload speed on broadband and now get about 13 Mb/s download but only 0.5 Mb/s upload.

Upload sync speed should be a guaranteed 2.1 Mb/s minimum.

I have just moved the hub from its usual position and connected it via a new supplied filter directly to the phone master socket and I will leave it there until this issue is resolved (Normal connection is via a filtered BT faceplate and high quality screened rj11 cable to  enable best spread of wifi signal through the house.)

Connecting via the master socket gives no difference in sync speed and aprox 0.2 dB less line noise.

On using Talktalks Service Staus Check it informs me that it is unable to detect what router I am using, which is odd seeing as it is a Talktalk Wifi Hub.

Has anyone experienced anything similar or got any suggestions?

Faulty Wifi Hub?

Peter.

Community Team

Hi gudgulf,

I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Just to confirm, does the master socket have a test socket? Are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line or no dial tone?

Thanks

gudgulf
Team Player

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply  OCE_Michelle.

Yes I am connected to the test/master socket behind the faceplate.

gudgulf
Team Player

Sorry pressed post before adding that there are no issues with phone line.

No noise or connection problems at all with the phone ......been working perfectly for all the years I've been with Talktalk.

Peter

Community Team

Hi Peter,

Could you try switching your router off for 30 minutes then switch back on and check to see if speed has improved. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

gudgulf
Team Player

Hi OCE_Chris,

I tried that yesterday...... Hub off for a full hour.   No change.

Today the hub was swiched off for almost an hour as I removed the phone socket faceplate and reconnected to the test socket..... Again no change in sync speeds.

I will give it another go now.

More information which may be of use:

Hub firmware version = SG4K10002600t

Attenuation = Downstream 28.60 dB      Upstream 00.00 dB

Upstream actual rate = 542 kbps / Upsteam maximum rate 542 kbps (from router stats)

My phone line is classed as impacted by B.T. but their line checker shows that I sould receive more than 2 Mb/s.

I realise that I'm still in the settling in period but the low upload speed seems fundamentally wrong...... Also any thoughts on why my Talktalk wifi hub is not being recognised by your own status checker?.

Peter.

Community Team

Hi Peter,

I've raised this to our network team, can you bump the thread tomorrow and we'll check for updates

Chris

gudgulf
Team Player

Hi,

Bumping this thread as requested by OCE_Chris.

Latest Wifi Hub stats:

xDSl
 StatusConnection TimeLink StatusStandardLine EncodingLink Encapsulation
Line 1
UP
22h54m16s
UP
VDSL2 (G_993_2_ANNEX_ B)
DMT
ATM (G_992_3_ANNEX_ K_ATM)
  Actual Rate [Kbps]Maximum Rate [Kbps]Noise Margin [dB]Attenuation [dB]Power [dBm]
Line 1
DownstreamUpstream

No change since yesterday's reboot.

Peter.

Community Team

Hi Peter,

I've asked our network team for an update, I'll let you know when I receive one

Thanks

Chris

Community Team

Hi Peter,

The network team have said that they Openreach don't guarantee upstream speeds so they can't raise this as a fault, they have however requested a change that should improve your speed but this will only take effect on the 1st July (it may be a few days from then before the speed settles at a faster rate)

Chris

gudgulf
Team Player

Thanks for that OCE_Chris.

I will wait and see what happens.

However, Talktalk DO guarantee a minimum upload speed so I cannot say I am entirely content with that.......what's more B.T. do state a minimum for my line (no mention of guarantee on their line checker though).

I notice that my Talktalk Wifi hub is still not recognised by the Talktalk staus checker. Could you chase that up please. It might be relevant that when on standard broadband I was using an Asus N55U dual band router and not the Talktalk one, but surely the Wifi hub should be detected on the fibre connection.

Peter.

Community Team

Hi gudgulf,

Thanks and we can re-check the connection stats again after this date. In regards to the status checker, does this also happen if you use a different browser?

Could you post a screenshot of the message you see (please remove any personal information from the screenshot) and we can pass this on for investigation.

Thanks

Community Team

Hi gudgulf,

I've removed your last post. If you do receive the error message again could you include the screenshot again but make sure to remove any personal information first.

Thanks

gudgulf
Team Player

Hi,

Still trying to run the system status checker and still getting this:

Screenshot (4)_LI.jpg

If it is possible. to get this message removed and allow the checker to complete so I can let you see the message about my router I would be very grateful.

Peter.

Community Team

Hi gudgulf,

I'm sorry for the delay. Could I just confirm, are you still seeing the same message since your last post?

Thanks

gudgulf
Team Player

Good morning OCE_Michelle,

Yes I am still seeing the same message as of right now.

However i did manage to run the ckecker over the weekend and this is what I see:

Screenshot (6)_LI.jpg

If I click on the Information symbol for the router it opens a box which tells me that if I am using a Talktalk router it might be installed incorrectly or have issues, ....... I can't show you that as I am currently getting the "Your internet should be ok now" message.

Peter.

Community Team

Hi Peter,

Ok, I think this was due to the fault that we raised to our Network Team. If this message doesn't change after the 1st July then we can look into this further. I was going to ask if the previous router is still identified on the checker, however you probably wouldn't be able to check this again until the message disappears.

Thanks

gudgulf
Team Player

Thanks for that OCE_Michelle,

My previous router will not work with fibre as it is ADSL only.

Also it is an Asus router not Talktalk so probably would not be recognised anyway.

I will bump this thread after the first of July and see what my sync speeds are then.

Peter.

Community Team
gudgulf
Team Player

Good Morning.

It's now July 2nd and i have just checked my Wifi Hub stats which showed no change to the downstream and upstream sync rates with an up time of 10 days since the last reboot.

Now completed a one hour power down and reboot to check if any difference since the expected change to my connection on July 1st.

Result;   Downstream = 1279 kbps   Upstream = 551 kbps.

This is exactly the same as I was getting since the prior reboot 10 days ago so can you confirm if any change has actually been made to my connection..

There has been a change to my result on the sysrem status checker........ I now see this ;

Screenshot (9)_LI.jpg

Different but not really helpful.

Peter.