cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Wifi Hub not recognised by service status checker and only 542 kbps upload sync speed.

Community Team

Hi Peter

Can I just check what speed you receive if you run a wired speed test? (and if you receive the same message)

Thanks

Debbie

gudgulf
Team Player

Hi OCE_Debbie,

The speeds I am quoting are the sync speeds at the router to exchange interface, not the result of a speed test from the pc. So it wont make any difference how I am connecting to the hub.

For the record I am getting very good connections and throughput from the hub to all my devices both wireless and wired all through the house.

If you look through the previous posts you will see that there was a change due to be made to my connection on July 1st (yesterday) which should have improved my sync speeds.

Peter,

gudgulf
Team Player

Just for completeness here is a wifi speed test from a few seconds ago...... and it is pretty good at very close to the (not so good ) sync speeds. ( 12.729 Mbps  551 Mbps )

Screenshot (10)_LI.jpg

Peter

Community Team

Hi Peter

I've asked our Network Team for an update and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi Peter

Apologies, It appears that the date (for the change) has changed to 03/07/19. Apologies for the delay.

Thanks

Debbie

gudgulf
Team Player

Thanks for that OCE_Debbie,

I can now confirm that at least one issue is resolved.........the TalkTalk service status checker now recognises the Wifi Hub so at least half of this thread's subject is resolved.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Peter.

Community Team

Hi Peter

Thanks for your reply.

Please let us know how you get on tomorrow, we can also check for updates from our Network Team.

Thanks

Debbie

gudgulf
Team Player

Good morning,

Checked the hub stats thgis morning and there was no sign of a disconnection/reboot through the whole of yesterday or overnight.

Now manually rebooted and nothing has changed....current sync rates are :

Screenshot (14).png

Would you check if the expected work was done or not please.

Peter.

Community Team

Hi Peter

I have requested an update on this from our Network Team and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi Peter

Our Network Team have advised that this should now be completed. They have asked if you can switch off your router for 45 minutes then leave it on and monitor for the next 5 days.

Thanks

Debbie

gudgulf
Team Player

"Our Network Team have advised that this should now be completed. They have asked if you can switch off your router for 45 minutes then leave it on and monitor for the next 5 days."

OK, I've done that..........No change to any of the sync rates or other connection stats.

I woulld have hoped to see a somewhat different result if changes have been made. However since I will be away from home for the next week I will leave the router powered up and see what 10 days settling does.

I will report back then ( 15th July )

Peter.

Community Team
gudgulf
Team Player

Good morning,

Time to bump thid thread as my sync speeds are unchangrd on the up side (542 kbps) and after all the bad weather over the last few days the down side was bumped down to 11.2 Mbps by the dlm.

Yesterday I asked my next door neighbour who has recently moved to Sky broadband what his speeds were.......... He wasn't sure so ran a speed test for me which gave 16.4 Mbps down and 4 Mbps up speeds. This is the sort of speed I was predicted to get.

His phone line goes via the same pole and by the same route to the same cabinet as my phone line, so I would expect similar speeds.

There is a clear issue with my phone line or the installation of my connection at the cabinet which needs investigating and sorting out.

Where do we go from here?

Peter

Community Team

Hi Peter

Apologies for this.

I've completed a further line test which hasn't detected any faults but the line is not showing in sync. Is the router switched off?

Thanks

Debbie

gudgulf
Team Player

Hi Debbie,

Yes router was off....... I thought I may as well try a router reset to factory settings just in case there was a peoblem there. Result 12.1 Mbps down, 539 kbps up.

Line might not show a fault but there must be a reason for my upstream sync being only one eightth of my next door neighbour's from the same fttc cabinet.

Peter

Community Team

Hi Peter

Thanks for your reply.

How often do you switch the router off and on?

Thanks

gudgulf
Team Player

Normally I don't switch the router off at all ..........nearly all the times the router has been restarted or off since it was installed have been at  an OCE request and only once was it off for less than 30 minutes.If I was getting my expected speeds it would be up for months at a time as my household tends to use the internet 24/7.

Following my post a few weeks ago the router was up for 15 days plus with absolutely no change to up/down speeds.  This was after your tech team made a change to my line.I am aware that the dlm can take a long long time to make changes...... but the upload speed has never been above 551 kbps even on initial connection

More restarts than normal is in the (vain) hope that my speeds will improve as the pathetic upload speed is afecting my kids internet gaming and any syncing to the cloud.

The wifi hub does not let me see if there are fec/crc errors on my connection.....can you see if my connection is showing excessive errors.

Peter

Community Team

Hi Peter

I've checked the connection stats again and I can see that the speed is low.

Is the router still at the test socket? I can then pass this fault over to our Network Team for investigation.

Thanks

Debbie

gudgulf
Team Player

Hi Debbie.

Router is still connected to the test socket,,,,,,,,,,,, I suspect that crosstalk on my line is the likely culprit, and I believe that would not show up as a "fault" on your line check.

Anything that your tech team can do will be much appreciated .........a Lift and shift at the cabinet would be nice although I realise that means getting past Openreach's intransigence.

Peter

Community Team

Hi Peter

I've escalated this fault over to our Network Team and passed on your comments.

I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie