cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Wifi dropping, openreach checked line and recommended new router but I’m gett nowhere

16 REPLIES 16
Charliehaines
Popular Poster

Contacted TT last night about the wifi on our hg635 dropping on multiple devices but hard wired devices are ok. 

Had to sit through usual script despite being a Brightsparks engineer for 4 years.

got told there was a line fault but openreach engineer this morning said line is fine and told me to contact tt to get replacement router. I tried again via chat but got stuck in the same loop with them suggesting my line speeds are poor (synced at 34999 on aluminium cable so no issues there, speed tests around 30mbps)

Last night both my wife’s phone and my iPhone dropped at the same time to 4g and apple tv also showed wifi connection loss

Who do I actually have to speak to to get a replacement router sent out???   They are more than happy to have the old one back

Divsec
Community Star
  • Hi Charlie, welcome to the community, your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear during Monday as the team work office hours.
Regards Divsec, I don't work here, know little, and have too many opinions.
Community Team

Hi Charliehaines

I'm sorry to hear this.

Can I just check if you have tested different wireless channels to see how the connection compares?

Change your wireless channel

Thanks

Debbie

Charliehaines
Popular Poster

Hi. I was one of your Brighspark engineers for 4 years so have tried all the obvious. Nothing has changed in the house, router is central and hasn’t moved for several years. Hard wired is ok, 5ghz channel is very poor and the 2.4ghz is dropping even when 4 metres away. Another customer had noticed the same exact issue after the router was upgraded to firmware 1.14 which is what mine is on. All I’m after is a replacement router (NOT A HG533) to try. The Hg635 was one of the best routers talktalk supplied and that’s why I don’t want a hg533 as honestly they were awful even 3 years ago

Community Team

Hi Charliehaines

I can send a DSL3782 or HG633 router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Charliehaines
Popular Poster

How much would it cost to upgrade to the Sagemcom 5364 instead?

Community Team

Hi Charliehaines

If you contact our Customer Service Team then they can discuss sending a Wifi Hub.

Thanks

Debbie

Charliehaines
Popular Poster

Hi. I did ask on the chat not to send a hg533 as they were never a patch on my hg635 but today I’ve been sent a hg533 which I feel is an awful router. Would it be possible for me to upgrade to the Sagemcom 5364? I’ve heard there is an upgrade option

ferguson
Community Star

I doubt it is a HG533, a HG633 maybe? Have you tried it?

Charliehaines
Popular Poster

Sorry, yes meant 633, showing how long I worked for you, I remember upgrading loads of the hg520’s!!!

ps, already tried a 633 before I upgraded to the 635 as the range and speeds of the 633 were awful

still rather go for an upgrade if possible 

Divsec
Community Star

Hi Charlie, if you really want to get a good router, why not go third party? Keep the Hg633 for diagnostics and invest in something worth having?

Regards Divsec, I don't work here, know little, and have too many opinions.
Charliehaines
Popular Poster

I’d happily pay the £30 to upgrade to the Sagemcom router as it has pretty good reviews, just seems like I’ve not been given the option. Tried the 633 btw and wifi speeds are about 30% slower than the 635 🤨

Community Team

Hi Charliehaines

Our Customer Service Team would need to arrange the order for the Wifi Hub. Did you ask them to send this for you?

Thanks

Debbie

Charliehaines
Popular Poster

Hi Debbie. They rang my home address while I was at work and my wife spoke to them and agreed the hg633 😞

I’ve read I can upgrade to the Sagemcom for £30, can you confirm this please?

ferguson
Community Star

As Debbie said earlier you need to contact  customer services directly if you want to discuss an upgrade/discount on the Sagemcom Hub, this is not something which can be done on the forum.

Community Team

Hi

You can purchase the hub for £30.  If you do call in, ask to speak to customer loyalty.

Thanks

Karl. 

Charliehaines
Popular Poster

Thank you, I will give them a ring on pay day