would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Wifi hub Internet issues

15 REPLIES 15
Alienatedcargo
Chat Champion

Hi, 

Since we returned from holiday 2 days ago we've had to reboot the WiFi hub quite a few times as although the management is reporting connected the devices both wired and wireless are unable to access online services? It was left on while we were away but the 3 reboot I've had to swap to our HG633 unless we can get the issue resolved. The hub was replaced a few months back as the other was faulty so still quite new. It did reboot every few days but it was after speaking with support it was up for a few weeks prior to our return. 

Could anyone help please? Not quite sure what it could be as the logs aren't consistent with time. 

Thanks 

Richard 

CARLS1976
Participant

i have found this happens quite a bit recently when i trying to cast from my phone to my chromecast both say they are connected fine but cant find each other till i reboot either the devices or the router

Community Team

Hi Richard

I'm sorry to hear this.

Are you able to connect ok straight after the router is rebooted?

Have you tried factory resetting the router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds?

Thanks

Debbie

Alienatedcargo
Chat Champion
Hi Carl, thanks but I wasn't trying to cast just streaming Netflix on the TV at the time.

Hi Debbie, yeah once a reboot completes Internet access is restored. I've not tried a factory reset yet but I fear once I do I'll not be able to add my static reservations again as it doesn't seem to like dhcp changes lol! Throws up an error of some kind.
I'll try it when I'm next at home.

Thanks

Richard
Community Team

Hi Richard

Thanks for your reply.

If you do continue to experience this issue then please let us know.

Debbie

Alienatedcargo
Chat Champion
Hi Debbie,

I've tried a factory reset of the device and it lasted for around 3 hours before all my devices stopped getting Internet access. I've switched back to the hg633 as that seems to work better (3 days without issue).

Regards

Richard
Community Team

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the update. We can send another wifi hub to test with if you like, just in case your current router has developed a fault. Would you like us to arrange this?

Chris

Alienatedcargo
Chat Champion
Hi Chris,

Yes please?

Thanks

Richard
Community Team

Hi Richard,

I've ordered the router, it should be with you within a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery

Thanks

Chris

Alienatedcargo
Chat Champion

Hi Chris, 

The hub has arrived today and I've connected it up (leaving 30 mins between switch) and it seems to be working OK. 

It could do with updating though although as its on SG4K10001400t. No rush. 

Thanks 

Richard 

Community Team

Hi Richard,

Thanks for letting me know that it's arrived.

I can't update your firmware at the moment but it should automatically update some time over the weekend. If it doesn't please let me know on Monday and I'll update it for you 🙂

Chris

Alienatedcargo
Chat Champion
Hi Chris,

It's been stable for 3 days so it's working well but not updated as yet.

Thanks

Richard
Alienatedcargo
Chat Champion
I think I spoke to soon! Connection dropped tonight and reduced itself from 19.5Mb down to 17Mb?
I'll test a phone in the socket for noise when I can.
Thanks
Community Team

Hi Alienatedcargo,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which has detected a potential fault. As soon as we've confirmed if there is any noise on the line then we can pass this straight over for investigation.

Does your master socket also have a test socket?

Thanks

Alienatedcargo
Chat Champion
Hi,

I've tried a phone in the socket and very little to almost no noise. Only in the background when there is no one speaking.

Yes I have a test socket but I have no internal sockets and the router is connected to the master socket. I've connected to the test socket anyway but it's a pretty new socket without the screws.

Thanks

Richard
Community Team

Hi Richard,

Your speed has gone back to 19Mbps, and I've updated your router to the latest firmware version. Could you monitor for 24 hours and let us know if there's any further problems

Chris