Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Wifi hub - Static IP - Firmware SG4K10001E00t needed

26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi,

I recently received new wifi hub. I was really looking forward to that day as this meant to be good device. However very quickly I discovered that this device is loaded with very poor firmware without an option to setup static IP`s for my home devices. I tried calling technical team three times today , hoping that next operator may have better knowledge and was able to help me. But I was wrong. Reading this forum I learned that there is unofficial firmware in version SG4K10001E00t with fix to setup static IP`s. So I asked talk talk support about this firmware but there are saying it cannot be found ...😁

So reaching out to community for help.

Can someone from talk talk please update my router firmware to the version SG4K10001E00t as soon as possible as I can`t use this device at the moment - really need to set static IPs before then. My current version is SG4K100012600t.

Please get in touch with me.

Cheers

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Master123, welcome to the community your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear during Monday (office hours) in the meantime please check your community profile and add your landline phone number if necessary it is used to identify your account.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi master123,

I'm sorry for the delay. 2600t is the most recent version of firmware that we have for the wifi hub. Just to confirm, what issues are you experiencing at the moment?

Thanks

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Hi,
I can’t setup static ip addresses for my devices on LAN - under DHCP section there isn’t any option to allocate IP. To add , this is the first time I came across router without this functionality.
As I have many smart devices at home I need to allocate them permanent IPs otherwise I won’t be able to use this router.
Can you please advise , how this can be done.
Cheers
Highlighted

Hi master123,

Can you take a look at this thread. and then if you still need assistance please let us know

Chris

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi @OCE_Chris 

Thanks. I had a look into my DHCP section as highlighted in the post above and cannot find "Add Reserved Address".

Below is the attached graphic from my router dashboard.

Router DHCP.PNG

Just to remind the firmware of my router is SG4K100012600t.

Any ideas why I don't get to see the same the same settings ?

Hi

@KeithFrench - Would you be able to provide some advice?

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Star

I'm sure @KeithFrench will have a pro answer. My amateur self was fiddling around with the same issue. I got quite annoyed, then I changed the IP range from 192.168.1.1 to 19.168.2.1 and the window opened. Oh and I changed the ipv4 range to match.

I didn't think to see if it disappeared if I changed back to 1.1.

Worth a try but Keith will have a more sensible answer.

D

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Highlighted
Community Star

Firmware 2600 is not only the latest, but is also later than 1E00.

Please can you double check you firmware as the options are there in this version. If necessary then do a factory default of the configuration.

If required, once done I can provide full details on configuring this facility.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Hi @KeithFrench
Thank you for confirmation regarding firmware. This version of firmware was upgraded by talk talk support last week.

@OCE_Michelle
I’M not ar home today do just wonder if you would be able to remote to my home router (WiFi hub is plugged in right now) and do factory default reset for me ? Please let me know. I can follow up with call if required.
Cheers
Highlighted

Hi master123,

I can reset your router, just need to confirm some details with you - I've sent you a PM

Chris

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Hi @OCE_Chris

Just sent you pm with my details please go ahead with reset. Please feel free to make any setting adjustments required to fix this issue.

Many thanks
Highlighted

Thanks for the PM, I've replied

Chris

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi @KeithFrench 

The router was factory reset this afternoon but still can`t see this button "Add reserved addresses" under DHCP section.

Any ideas how to get it working ? Looks like this function is hidden for some reason.

Router DHCP_2.PNGfirmware.PNG

Highlighted
Community Star

There is currently a bug in 2600 where if you are managing the router from some Android & possibly other mobile devices, the navigation is flawed & you do not get access to anything. I don't know offhand if it affects this page or not.

If you managed it with a PC you will see the full page:-

DHCP Reserved Ip addresses.png

You can also do this by managing the device that you want to set the address to be reserved. Go to:-

Dashboard > Manage my devices > Manage advanced settings

Click on the device in question & use the Device Info tab:-

DHCP Reserve IP.png

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi @KeithFrench 

I was using Internet Explorer vs 11 to view router GUI.

After trying another browser I can see "Add Reserved Addresses" button so the issue was with my browser. So that is resolved.

Now, I been allocating some static IP`s to my home devices , got probably just over 20 different smart devices around house. First few went in without problem. However I noticed that in DHCP list , it only detects 9 devices but there is far more already connected on Wifi.

Reservation.PNG

Is there any limit on router how many IP can be reserved ?

Every router I have seen so far , would not have any limits.

Please advise. Cheers

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Just an update. I have disconnected from the Wifi one of my devices which was appearing already on DHCP list. As soon I done that , new device jumped in the list. So looks like there could be a limit of 9 devices only on DHCP. I really struggling to believe it as I said I never seen any other routers limited in this way.

Please confirm if this is the case.

For sure I will not be able to survive with this limits as we have far more devices at home which will require static ip.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Good morning,

Is there any possibility to receive pdf with router manual please.

Cheers

Highlighted
Community Star

OK not a simple answer, other than it is correct.

Previously all TalkTalk routers only supported 8 DHCP reserved IP addresses, the hub, however, has been successfully tested to support 30 devices. These were not all connected at the same time, but they kept their addresses OK. I am now waiting on confirmation from the manufacturer on what limit there is if any.

The hub, like any router, stores a record of those devices that are connected AND active, this is called the ARP table. It stores a list of device IP addresses and their MAC addresses. Old entries will time out of this record (despite still being connected) after a period of inactivity. In commercial routers, this could default at say 5 mins, but could easily be extended to at least 5 hours. There is no way to view or change what this timeout value is set to, which is why you have devices not showing as connected & active in your display you have shown when trying to add a new Reserved IP address. I hope this helps a bit:-

DHCP Add Resereved IP address.png

This may also be partly related to another bug where it does not always show devices that are connected, even if they are connected in the main hub page. Any of these of course in their Device Info will show a Cancel Reservation button.

Keith

Highlighted
Community Star

I have been dealing with my emails oldest first this morning & it has taken me a long time to put together a reply to your first point, that I had not seen the one about the IP address allocated to a disconnected device being allocated to a newly connected device. I will get the OCEs to comment on this as they told me it had been tested with 30 devices no problem.

There is no official manual for any TalkTalk router, however, I have an unofficial one that I could send you if that would suffice, but I often update it so in a month or more it could be out of date?

Keith