Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Wifi hub change?

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi all

I have been with talk talk for a number of years and have just started my new contract Faster fibre (which i already had anyway) but also have now got the boost added. The trouble we have been having is im not getting the speeds i should be and also we keep getting cut off. Which is not good when the kids are playing online i get an ear bashing. I have been intouch with you and the system has been restored to factory settings and all updates have been done. The speed has improved but it still cuts out at times.

My question is can i get the new wifi hub as maybe mine is getting the end of its life and is faulty at times? 

Its a super router HG635

Many thanks damo

Highlighted
Community Star

To get a WiFi hub you will need to try and negotiate a price for it with the loyality department. However, your HG635 may not be faulty, but some diagnostics are required to prove this. 

How do you connect wireless, wired, or a mixture? If a mixture is a wired connection better than wireless?

It is important to see what your line is actually capable of and what your current download speed is.

To help diagnose this issue, please can you log on to your router, by opening a web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox & Google Chrome etc) and then enter this address in the address bar:-

http://192.168.1.1

enter the credentials:-

username: admin
password: admin        (unless you have set your own password).

Then go to your ADSL or DSL summary page & paste the stats in this thread.

On the HG635 this is at:-

Maintain > System Information & expand Broadband Information

Next can you also go to this speed checker (it is useful to have speed test figures taken at the same time as gathering the router's statistics):-

http://www.supportal-test.co.uk/

Alternatively use:-

https://myaccount.talktalk.co.uk/speed-checker/

Do this on both wireless & wired (if you have wired), but with never more than one device connected at a time.

Please can you paste the results here?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Popular Poster

hi many thanks for the reply. sorry i havent replied sooner been busy.

I have done as you ask hope you can make out the pics. I dont have any wired connections they are all wireless. Today i was not able to connect for 20mins then it came on and lasted 10mins before it kicked me off again it is so hit and miss at the moment.

20190908_194132.jpg20190908_195324.jpg20190908_194316.jpg

Many thanks damo

Highlighted
Community Star

It does look like a wireless issue, if you want help trying to sort this, please let me know.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi vespadamo

Apologies for the delay.

How are you getting on? I can see that Keith has posted on your thread. Keith provides really good advice on improving wireless performance.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Hi Keith
if you can that would be great and hopefully fingers crossed can sort it. Can you make it as simple to understand as possible for me as i can do basics but not much more. The kids show me most of the time lol

Many thanks damo
Highlighted
Popular Poster
Hi debbie
Thanks for post I'm good thanks. Hows you? hopefully Keith is the saviour and can do miracles and fix my drop out of speed and loss of connection.
Cheers damo
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @vespadamo 

Sorry I haven't sent you the details yet, I haven't had the time just yet. Will try & and it to you later today.

Keith

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @vespadamo 

Please see my attached guide on Wi-Fi interference & initially look at the section called "Are you suffering from interference – prove it first". This section includes full details of Wi-Fi analysers that I recommend for Windows, Windows phone, Android and Apple operating systems. However, I have no way of testing the Apple product. Do not worry about interpreting the results, I will do that for you, but it might currently take me a bit longer than usual to do this.

Please post the screenshots that I have requested in my guide (no photos please they can be difficult to read as text can get out of focus when zoomed), from the analyser you are using (also in my attached guide). Please ensure that the analyser window is maximised (if Windows) before taking the screenshots & upload them via the "Insert Photos" button on the post editor's toolbar as large images. If they are too small, I will not be able to read them & although I can enlarge them, this just puts the text out of focus. If you prefer PM them to me. If you do PM me, then please add a link in there to this thread, so as I can find it easily.

Keith

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Hi Keith thanks for info I'll have ago at it on Friday as will have more time and let you know the results.
Cheers damo