Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Wifi hub lost connection now slow speed

17 REPLIES 17
ktp500
Conversation Starter

I’ve had good fibre speed of around 24 since getting the new wifi hub. I noticed the amber flashing light today and had to reboot to gain connection again. Now speed is stuck at 4 mbps. What could of caused this? Are openreach doing work? 

KeithFrench
Community Star

First off, did you just reboot it, or power it off for a minimum of 30 mins? The latter is what you need to do, so as everything is cleared down from your previous connection. If still bad, let me know & I will ask an OCE to look into this for you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

ktp500
Conversation Starter

Thanks Keith, I have tried what you recommended today. It took over an hour when it came back on to reconnect and unfortunately the download speed is stuck at 4. I spotted an open reach engineer in our street so spoke to him. He mentioned two houses have no broadband and said to report it which I did. I had a text from TalkTalk saying they’d resolved it but clearly there’s still a problem. I’m guessing it’s been caused by an engineer as I’ve had no problems since having the new hub. What now?

KeithFrench
Community Star

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team

Hi ktp500,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which has detected a potential voice fault. Just to confirm, are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line or no dial tone?

Does your master socket also have a test socket?

Thanks

ktp500
Conversation Starter

SpI haven’t noticed anything on the line. The engineer who was in street on Saturday was fixing a line. I feel they have done something for it to suddenly drop out and seed seems capped around 5? I do have a test socket. Can you see the speeds I’ve had since Friday 

ktp500
Conversation Starter

I have just checked as tried to make a call and yes you are right I have no dialling tone. How does this affect broadband and what can you do to help?

Community Team

Hi ktp500,

Your sync speed is 5.3Mbps, There is a fault ticket raised so I've asked our network team for an update. If you don't hear anything later today can you bump the thread again tomorrow 

Thanks

Chris

ktp500
Conversation Starter

Thanks Chris 

yes speed is usually around 25. Do you have any idea what caused this? The openreach engineer I spoke to said other houses had same issues 

Community Team

Hi ktp500

I've requested an update from our Network Team and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

ktp500
Conversation Starter

Bumping thread. Any news? We have lost connection completely again. I’ve had repeated problems over the last couple of years and hoped the new hub meant the end of these issues

Community Team

Hi ktp500

This fault has been passed to a BT Openreach line engineer and we should receive further updates within the next 48hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

ktp500
Conversation Starter

So I don’t need to do anything else? Is it something Openreach can sort outside of my property? Will you inform me of any updates please?

Community Team

Hi ktp500

The engineer will investigate the line outside the property first. If a visit to the property is required then we will arrange this visit with you.

I will check for further updates in 48hrs and post back on this thread to keep you updated.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi ktp500

I have requested an update on this fault and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi ktp500

BT Openreach have advised that this fault should be resolved. Please can you retest and let us know if this fault has been resolved?

Thanks

Debbie

ktp500
Conversation Starter

Yes it seems as though the line has been fixed. Thanks for your help

Community Team

Hi ktp500

Thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Debbie