cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Wifi issues at night

7 REPLIES 7
First Timer

For the last couple months now I've been having a really annoying issue with my WiFi, after it gets past around 11pm, I have intermittent issues with my Wifi connection on all devices. 

The Internet connection will drop completely and access to the router's page will be nigh on impossible. 

Restarting the router makes no difference, it might improve the situation slightly, but it'll still run less than 0.5mbps

What makes it stranger is as soon as I load speedtest.net on device, web pages will instantly load on every other device, and i'll get the usual 25-30mbps over wifi, this fixes the issue 99% of the time. 

I spoke to the 'Technical support' over live chat, and all they could come up with was changing the wifi channels, but it's made no difference. 

I suspect its an issue with the router as I connected up a Draytek AP that I have laying around and it had the same issue. Unfortunately due the perils of modern devices, I have no ability to check the connection over ethernet anymore!

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi,

Can you please add your home phone number to your Community Profile so I can locate your details.

If unsure of your number, simply dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you.

Please reply when this has been updated.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

First Timer

I've updated it now 

Hi kyleburton

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I think we should send a HG633 router for testing. Would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

First Timer

Yes, if you could, please

Hi kyleburton

The HG633 router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

First Timer

Do you have the tracking for the router? I still haven't received it. I waited a week to see if it was just Royal Mail being slow but it still hasn't arrived

Hi kyleburton

There appears to have been an issue with the router order, apologies for this.

I have escalated this to our warehouse team and requested that this is ordered again. You should receive this within 48hrs.

Thanks

Debbie