Did you mean: 
Need help?

Wifi keeps disconnecting

22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
dreddy88
Popular Poster

Hi all

My wifi keeps disconnecting for certain devices. Im currently on firmware: SG4K10001E00t. Is there a way to update this or is there a chance that my router is faulty? 

My house alarm connects to the wifi and randomly disconnects and does not reconnect for days. I have to manually reset the router only for it to disconnect again. 

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi dreddy88,

I'm sorry to hear this. We have a newer version of firmware for the wifi hub. Would you like me to update this for you?

Thanks

Highlighted
dreddy88
Popular Poster

Hi 

yes please. Is this done remotely, or do I need to manually upload the file? 

Thanks 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi dreddy88

I have updated your router firmware, please let us know how the connection compares following this.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
dreddy88
Popular Poster
Hi

Thanks for updating the firmware, however my alarm keeps disconnecting from the WiFi...

My parents have the same alarm and used to be with bt and it used to work perfectly. They have now switched to talk talk and have the same router as me and their alarm also keeps disconnecting like mine.

No other WiFi enabled devices have any problems with connection.

Any help on this? Thanks
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi dreddy88,

Could I ask what is the make/model of your alarm system?

Chris

Highlighted
dreddy88
Popular Poster
Hi Chris

Thanks for replying.

The make is Orisec, not sure about the model but it’s the most recent wireless model.

Thanks
Highlighted
Community Team

OK thanks, I'll see if I can find any information and get back to you

Chris

Highlighted
Community Team

Sorry, I don't know much about wireless alarms and not been able to find much information about your alarm. Just to confirm, so the individual sensors connect to a hub and the hub is what's losing connection to the router?

Chris

Highlighted
dreddy88
Popular Poster
Hi Chris

Yes that’s right, wireless and wired sensors connect to a control panel which is then connected to the router via WiFi.

Thanks
Highlighted
Community Team

OK thanks,

Approximately how far is the control panel from the router? Is it in a different room? How many walls are between the two devices?

Chris

Highlighted
dreddy88
Popular Poster
Hi Chris

It’s literally directly below the router on the floor below. I have a ring chime in the same location and there are no WiFi connection issues with that.

Thanks.
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi dreddy88,

Have you tried separating the SSID's on the router?

Split your router's SSID (wireless network name)

Thanks

Highlighted
dreddy88
Popular Poster
Hi Michelle

Yes, I’ve tried that already... thanks
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi dreddy88,

Ok thanks for trying this. Would you like us to send a different make and model of router for testing purposes to rule this out?

Thanks

Highlighted
dreddy88
Popular Poster
Hi Michelle

Yes please that would be great

Thanks
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

Different router model on the way.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
dreddy88
Popular Poster
Cheers Karl
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi dreddy88,

Please let us know how you get on 🙂

Thanks

Highlighted
abc1233
First Timer

Hi Community Team

My son (Dreddy88) has received a new router that has cured his wifi connection problems with his alarm system. 

I have the same router as his old one and the same alarm system - currently facing the same connection problems. 

My router is literally on the window sill next to the alarm control panel, so proximity is not the issue. I think the issue is to do with the particular router in question. 

Could you also send me the same model router as you sent him as it has cured his connection problems. 

Thanks!