Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Wifi keeps disconnecting

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Popular Poster

My WIFI is dropping out approx 5+ times a day. LAN remains on and works fine. Only a router power down rectifies the issue. 

I have used acrylic wifi hime version & over the course of a few days changed from ch 6 to 1, then 1 to 11 and back to 6 then 1 today, all with no effect, ie 5+ resets a day.

2.4GHz & 5GHz are on separate SSID's & I have split my devices between the two and 'both' bands go off together when the wifi drops out.

I have the 2.4ghz set to 20mhz bandwith and 5ghz at 80Mhz (as advised in other similar threads). I have the router situated in the middle of the house within 10ft of all wifi devices. The router is on its own ie it has no RF interference from nearby devices.

Im at a loss now, is there anything else I can try? & can you please help me,

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @tinmac ,

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this forum to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

They may be able to do some checks on your router, or they may suggest just sending you a new router to see if that resolves the issues.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Thanks @Skynet_TX  profile updated.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Would any kind soul be able to help me with this??

Thank you

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Could @OCE_Michelle or one of your colleagues please take a look at this please.

Thank you

Highlighted
Community Star
Hi, the staff will get back to you, but after the weekend they can have quite a lot of posts to get through. They have an automated workflow system, so it is best to not post any more in this topic until they reply, as adding new posts to your topic can delay it from getting to the top of their workflow.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi tinmac,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've run a test on the line which has detected a voice fault. Do you have a dial tone?

Thanks

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Good morning @OCE_Michelle 

No problem, I didn't know how your system worked but do now, thanks for getting back.

Yes I have a dial tone and I have rang my mobile which rang ok.

Highlighted

Hi tinmac,

Thanks for confirming. Can you also dial 17070 from your landline and confirm that this does read back the correct number. Please do not post any personal information on the Community. Does the connection drop if you connect wired?

Thanks

Highlighted
Popular Poster

It replays the wrong number @OCE_Michelle 

Wired connections do carry on working after the wifi drops.

Highlighted

Hi tinmac

Please can you send me a Private Message with the number read back to you (from dialing 17070) I can then raise this fault.

Thanks

Debbie